Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Allison's Shattered Dreams

I know I've lamented about the evils of network promos. They either reveal too much or completely mislead you to believe the episode is about something its not and/or includes something that, when viewed, is nothing like how it seemed in the promo. Oh, I HATE them. Scratch that, I LOATHE them!! I swear, they hurt shows more than they help. Such was the case with this week's Medium outing. If you saw one of the ubiquitous ads, then you knew that guest star Miguel Ferrer was playing a double role as twins. That's all well and good except for the fact that we weren't supposed to know about the twins!! Nice one, NBC. Ruin the surprise. Luckily, this is Medium, so we were in for more than one shocker. Still, it isn't right.

Apparently, Teddy Carmichael died after a run-in with some dangerous types. But, he lived on through his brain-damaged brother. His spirit was able to control his brother's body and enact revenge on those responsible for his death. Secretly, I kinda wished this could really happen because there are far too many senseless murders in the world. Realistically, it's probably a no-go, but it made for an interesting episode. Poor Allison was having dreams that were conflicting with what Scanlon was telling her and she had me scratching my head right along with her.

Joe, Joe, Joe -- when are you going to catch a break? Here I was thinking that this new business venture, although sketchy, would turn out the way he wanted, but then his controlling partner started her own little version of Disclosure. Obviously, he did the right thing, but the right thing isn't always the easiest. It just sucks that Meghan Doyle has the controlling interest in his idea. Somehow I knew that was going to come back and bite him. Looks like it's back to the unemployment line for the DuBoises.

Photos courtesy nbc.com. If you missed last night's outing ("Being Joey Carmichael"), check it out for free at Hulu.com.

No comments: