Thursday, April 13, 2006

'Lost' is Sending Out an S.O.S! Plus, 'Idol,' 'Model' and 'Wildfire' Renewal

We finally got a Rose and Bernard episode of Lost last night! I was so excited I could hardly contain myself. I loved seeing how the two met on that snowy night in New York as Rose's wheels kept spinning in the thick snow. And then after 5 short months, Bernard decided to ask Rose to marry him at Niagara Falls. This was when the story took a tragic turn, though, because we learned that Rose was dying from cancer. Her doctors were only giving her a year to live, but Bernard wanted to marry her anyway. For their honeymoon, he took her to Australia to see a faith healer, much to Rose's chagrin. Well, we now know why these two were on the doomed flight. Bernard wasn't ready to let go of Rose, so she agreed to see the healer for him. The thing is, the healer couldn't heal Rose. He told her that there are certain places on the earth that have a lot of energy. He harvests that energy and uses it to heal people, but Rose was not in the right location for the energy to heal her. Rather than get her deposit back, she opted to let the healer keep it and to tell Bernard that the healer had healed her. On the island, Bernard was trying to organize a group to make an S.O.S on the beach so that the next time a plane flew over to drop supplies, it would see the sign and rescue them. No matter that those in the plane probably know the survivors are there and don't care. Rose was against the plan, and the group soon dispersed, leaving Bernard alone to complete the task. It turns out that Rose didn't want to be rescued, like Locke, because she is healed from her cancer, again like Locke and his paralysis. When she admitted to Bernard that she had lied about the healer and that she was now healed, he agreed that they should stay on the island in case the cancer returns if they were to leave. If the island really did heal Rose as it seems to have healed Locke, then perhaps it has the right energy that the healer spoke of to Rose.

In other island happenings, Jack decided to go off into the jungle to cross the line imposed by the Others. He wanted to meet with them and arrange a trade - "Henry" for Walt. Ana Lucia volunteered her gun, and Jack picked Kate to tag along (after Sayid turned him down). Of course, this set up a very contrived sexual tension moment between the two. Kate went to grab a doll she found lying in the jungle, and Jack went to stop her and they both ended up swinging from a branch in one of Rousseau's net traps. The quarters were extremely tight and Kate had to reach around behind Jack to grab his gun, so they could shoot the rope holding them up. Kate missed, but Jack nailed it and the two fell to the ground, landing on top of each other (insert eye roll here). Thankfully, the two didn't kiss. In fact, it was the one saving grace of the moment. It's not that I'm against Jack and Kate hooking up, it just seems so cliched and the whole moment was way too contrived for me. Anyway, the two made their way to the area where they had their last run in with the Others, but they weren't there. Jack yelled out, but there was no response. They waited until it got dark, but they heard someone moving in the jungle. It was Michael! He's back, but he didn't seem like himself. We'll have to wait until the next episode to find out for sure. Meanwhile, Locke got fed up over the idea that "Henry" might not have pushed the button. It was driving him insane, and we saw "Henry" smiling to himself in his makeshift prison. In an effort to get away from the button, Locke went to the beach and he and Rose talked. It seems Rose knew about Locke's paralysis because she saw him in the airport before the flight took off. She reminded him that his now injured leg would heal faster than Jack's 4-week prediction. So, were Locke and Rose brought to the island for this purpose? It's an interesting prospect.


The Idol Moment
Why people? Why do you keep voting for Ace?? He was, by far, the worst singer the other night, and yet, he stays. Not that Bucky is the competition's best (not by a long shot), but Ace was much worse. Plus, Ace's fake boyband facial expressions and "Gee golly" attitude are seriously bugging me. I don't know if I can survive another week of him narrowly avoiding elimination. He must go!! And why do you keep sending Elliot to the bottom three? The boy can sing, which is a lot more than I can say for Ace. "We Will Rock You?" Really, Ace, because I'm thinking you might "cute stare" me to death until I can't take the fakery any further. Ugh! Anyway, at least my Katharine and Paris were safe. It's nice to see that some things are still sacred. Overall, I wasn't loving Queen night. I'm not a fan of the band to begin with, and then there were the so-so performances to make it worse. I will say that Kellie Pickler did a fine job with "Bohemian Rhapsody," but I think that's only because the expectations were so low that she almost had to be better than them.


The Model Moment
Well, Leslie (left - photo courtesy UPN) was my favorite, so I'm bummed that she got the axe last night. It seemed to come out of nowhere. We had been hearing about Brooke and Sarah not quite measuring up these past weeks, but nothing about Leslie. In fact, I thought it was odd when she kept saying that she knew she was in trouble. The more I watch Jade, the more annoyed I get with her. I wanted to scream when she won the challenge and the ridiculously expensive diamond ring. She CAN'T win this competition!! Brooke is very nice, but it was nice to see her stand up for herself last night. Nnenna's boyfriend issues continue as does her phone domination. I'm still loving Danielle, and I will be rooting for her from now on. I like Sarah, but she is very awkward in her poses and movement. Joanie continues to surprise me. Her swirling in the church runway show was fabulous! I feel bad for her next week, though, as the previews show her undergoing dental work and it looks painful!


About Last Night...NBC won the first hour of the night with Deal or No Deal, followed by Fox's combination of The Loop and the first half of the American Idol results show and CBS' The Amazing Race. At 9, Fox took over the lead with the last half of the Idol results show and Unan1mous, followed by ABC's Lost and CBS' Criminal Minds. The final hour of the night went to CBS' CSI: NY, followed by NBC's Law & Order (r) and ABC's The Evidence. For more on last night's ratings, visit Zap2it.

~Primetime Pass~
@8 p.m. - UPN's Everybody Hates Chris returns with a Chris Rock directed episode. Tonight, Chris decides that he wants to transfer to his neighborhood school. Over on CBS, some of the castaways choose not to participate in the Immunity Challenge on Survivor. ABC airs back-to-back episodes of American Inventor.

@9 p.m. - Grissom and his team investigate the murders of three teenagers involved in a rap music rivalry with special guest stars Travis Barker And Shanna Moakler ("Meet the Barkers"), Page Kennedy ("Desperate Housewives"), Method Man and Rick Gonzalez ("Old School") on CBS' CSI. Over on Fox, Ryan leaves Newport to visit his mom, but before they meet he has a steamy encounter with his mom's coworker on The O.C.

@10 p.m. - Betty Buckley guest stars as the team searches for an HIV positive pregnant woman who vanished moments after she and her husband saw the ultra-sound of their healthy 8 ½-month-old fetus on CBS' Without a Trace. Over on ABC, Commander In Chief returns on its new night. Tonight, Mac prepares to deliver her first State of the Union Address, and Rod, out solo at a reception, winds up in a compromising position with an intern… while the cameras flash.



QUICK CUTS

*ABC Family is fanning the fires of its hit drama Wildfire. The network announced yesterday that it had ordered a third season of the show, its highest rated original series. The series is set to begin production on its 13-episode third season this fall. ABC Family isn't yet releasing a premiere date for the new season.

*And finally, NBC will air the 55th Annual Miss Universe Pageant this summer. Los Angeles' Shrine Auditorium will host the event, marking the first time the pageant has been in the U.S. since 1998. Look for the special to air July 23rd on NBC.

That's all for today. Be sure to tune in tomorrow for thoughts on CSI and Without a Trace. Plus, all the latest television news and thoughts from Leslie on her Model experience!


SAVE EVERWOOD NOW! Click HERE to learn how to help the show get another season

Don't forget to help Veronica Mars with the $4,000 Shower Campaign. Click HERE for details

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 Comments:

1st - I love Joanie now. She has grown to be my favorite. I had to rewind the TV last night and take a double take...I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE IS HAVING DENTAL WORK DONE!! Wow! Seems very risky during the middle of this competition. Swelling? Complications? Pain? Not to mention having to get used to your new mouth....very brave.

2nd - I thought that the Hippies were goners! I was so upset. I was dreading the end of the show. Then I was sure (SURE!) it would be a non-elimination. No WAY they'd kick those 2 off. But, by some miracle, they weren't last. I thought it was a great episode.

3rd - I've missed a couple of weeks of Lost, so I was frantically trying to catch up through the internet while watching the show last night. Again, another really good episode. I'm so glad they have stopped the reruns. Throwing the Henry guy in came at just the right moment to freshen up the show and bring life to it again. I thought it was starting to drag and I was losing interest. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Well, I guess that was 3 comments...but MAN, it was all GREAT TV last night!

Anonymous said...

Yeah to Wildfire coming back for a third season!!

I agree 100% with you about ACE. At this stage of the game it just becomes a popularity contest. That's why Elliot keeps landing in the bottom 3 now.

The hippies gave me a real scare last night. Thank god they pulled it off!! I'm not at all sad to see Lake and Michelle go. Especially after last night. If I had a dollar for every time he told her to shut up, I'd be a rich woman!

Anonymous said...

Hehe, I feel very lost. No pun intended (insert eye roll here--loved that comment, can I adopt it? :D). Anyway that moment you described sounds JUST ABOUT as described as it can get. Can't they think up new ways to develop characters? Ay yi.

Anonymous said...

DAMMIT!!! I meant "contrived"... not "described". Please forgive my little mistake--my mind thinks it's on vacation. :(