Sunday, August 19, 2007

'The 4400' Breaks Richard's Heart (Again)

The 4400 is so mean!! It giveth and then it taketh away. I knew that Lily wasn't sticking around permanently, but that didn't make her departure sting any less. So, now I'm stuck mourning the loss of Richard and Lily for the second time. Damn you 4400 ability that makes Richard see his dead wife! And what's up with Cassie?? It was her idea to use the ability and it led to Not-Tom getting his hands on Isabelle. Who's side is Cassie on, anyway? It seems like she might be playing for the other team from the future, but nothing is as it seems on this show. Boy, never a truer statement has been spoken with tonight's episode. This was one of those hours where I was never sure that what I was seeing was really happening -- Lily, Tom, the head of National Security... it all seemed like a bizarro nightmare. So, now Tom is "Not-Tom," and I can't even begin to imagine where this story is leading. And is it just me, or is Not-Tom really evil?? I was a little worried for Diana's safety more than once. He sent a scary look in her direction when she told him she was getting her coat so they could go after the Tylers together, and I was sure that he was about to tranquilize her after he found Isabelle. Maybe it's Meghan's safety that's in jeopardy. Or maybe that's just my wishful thinking. Either way, Not-Tom is still evil.

This was an episode filled with intrigue and I found myself glued to every scene and hanging on every word, but the ending scene between Tom and Isabelle gets the prize. We know that Tom is working for the future (presumably a different group than the one that sent the 4400 back) in trying to regain control over Isabelle in order to make up for Matthew Ross' failure. But, what's up with him asking Isabelle to get her powers back? I knew that bull about her being allergic to promicin was all a ploy! The last thing anybody needs is a Powerful Isabelle sequel. From Tom's dreams, it looks like the Bad Future is also responsible for Lily getting pregnant with Richard's baby. Not surprising since that baby was Isabelle, but it was interesting to confirm it. Talking about Lily is making me all misty-eyed again. Why 4400 writers, Laura Allen, Bad Future, and everyone else responsible for her death??!! Whyyyyyyyyy!! You know, if she were truly back, I'm pretty sure I could completely overlook the nausea-inducing Tom/Meghan story line. Alas, she is not and we're stuck listening to Tom call Meghan "Hunny." Thank goodness there's everything else to LOVE on this show.

Best Line of the Night:
Garrity (to Meghan): "You can't fire this!"

Thankfully, he was right. Who else would I derive my humor from if she could?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am absolutely not liking this not-Tom storyline. Give us the old Tom back! But it has made the 4400 very interesting.