Tuesday, July 27, 2010

'Bones' At Comic-Con

Bones at Comic-Con (from L to R: creator Hart Hanson, Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz. Photo: Fox)

Bones stars Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz joined showrunner Hart Hanson at the annual Comic-Con event in San Diego last week.  The trio took questions, chatted with the press and signed autographs for fans during a meet and greet session.  They didn't spill too many season 6 secrets, but they did set the scene for the dynamic between Booth and Bones when the season starts up in September.  As you'll recall, the pair had parted ways for a year to pursue other interests -- he was going to train soldiers in Afghanistan and she was participating in an important find in Indonesia.  They promised to meet at their spot on the Washington Mall in one year.  We were left wondering if the pair's absence would make their hearts grow fonder or tear them further apart.  Find out what's in store for these two after the jump (WARNING: SPOILERS CAN BE FOUND AFTER THE JUMP).


The three revealed that Booth is not returning from Afghanistan solo.  While training the troops, he meets a war correspondent and that leaves Brennan feeling a little jealous according to Deschanel. "The time apart may have given me some time to reflect and consider that I might have made a mistake when I said no to getting together when he put his heart out there," Emily spills. "But now he's got this girl, so it causes a little conflict," she tells E! Online's Watch with Kristin.  But Boreanaz says not to worry. "We'll see how that builds as far as what it does to our [Booth and Brennan's] relationship. I can say honestly I don't think it's going to do much to the relationship. It'll challenge it. It might make her a little jealous," he teases.  For more on Bones at Comic-Con visit Watch with Kristin.  You can watch the entire panel appearance at Emily Deschanel Fan.  Here are a couple more photos from the event:
Stars Deschanel & Boreanaz and creator Hanson take questions (Photo: Fox)


Star Deschanel signs autographs during the meet & greet (Photo: Fox)

Bones returns this September on Fox.

5 comments:

RichE said...

Thanks.

I'm looking forward to the return of Bones. Now all we need is for Kathryn Morris to play the war correspondent...


RichE.
Kathryn Morris UK

John said...

I also am looking forward to the return of "Bones".

As for B&B I am neutral.

TVFan said...

RichE - She would be perfect! Unfortunately, I think they have already cast the part.

I've decided to not worry about the B&B saga any longer. I'm just going along for the ride.

RichE said...

TVFan - When you say "would be" you of course mean "is" :-)

They need to change their mind immediately! Getting Katheryn Winnick was clearly a typo! :-)

The B&B saga got a little heavyhanded last season. I don't mind them going down that route as long as it doesn't overwhelm the whole show.


RichE.
Kathryn Morris UK - Banner & Badge help needed

TVFan said...

I completely agree. It must be a typo. ;0)

And yes, I also agree about B&B. Definitely heavy-handed this past season. I think I need a little break from it to be honest.