Friday, August 11, 2006

The Best of the Scrubies! Plus Bell Takes Her 'Pulse' and Casting News

It's summer, and that means no new Scrubs episodes (and apparently, no Scrubs reruns either - BOO NBC!). Since the network has also decided not to bring the show back until midseason (BOO again NBC!), this means we're in for a long wait until we get to laugh along with our favorite wacky doctors of Sacred Heart (thank god for my season 1, 2 and 3 DVD sets!). But, I have good news for you faithful PTR readers -- today, we're going to revisit some of this season's best lines. So settle in and prepare to laugh your booty off once again as PTR presents the Best of the Scrubies Awards! And the nominations for Best/Most Awesome/Funniest Line/Exchange of the Year are:

#1 "Bottom line, if you're thinking about knocking up a homeless woman, I'd do it this weekend." Dr. Kelso after announcing that due to budget cuts, the hospital will be closing the mobile pregnancy unit

#2 "It's an idiot handle." Janitor after seeing J.D. with the coffee pot's handle stuck around his wrist

#3 "Mark my words. When that little bastard is dipped in water, I'll be there." JD to Dr. Cox after trying to figure out where Cox's son's baptism will take place

#4 JD (narration): With the Morbidity and Mortality Conferences, the first question sets the tone for the whole day.
DR. KELSO: Who the hell ate my scone?
DR. COX: That would be me Bob-O, and it was DE-licious! My compliments to the little lady.
DR. KELSO: I made those.
DR. COX: I know

#5 "My scooter Sasha was assassinated this morning." JD explaining his bad mood to a patient after his scooter was involved in a police shoot-out

#6 "I have many more pressing issues, starting with a gigantic paralyzed wife and ending with a gay son who has just written a scathing musical about me called 'Dr. Dad,' which, despite mixed reviews, has just been held over in Buffalo." Dr. Kelso to Turk

#7 I had no idea you were going to go all cotton on their asses." Carla to JD after hearing him say that he was going to crackdown on his interns

#8 Elliot: JD, I really don't want to do this. Can't we just go home and put on our PJs and watch Grey's Anatomy?
JD: Oh, I do love that show. It's like they've been watching our lives and then just put it on TV.
Elliot: Yeah

#9 "You know where there's all kinds of equipment for women - Todd Land." The Todd to Carla and Elliot after they complained about the lack of gym equipment for women at Sacred Heart

#10 "You know, in 4 1/2 years I've watched your pal Stephanie go through a multitude of irritating fads: the Ugg boots, the campaign for better grammar among the staff and of course, the double European air kiss. And seeing as you two are sorority sisters, I was kind of hoping you'd be able to tell me when this extra mile crap is likely to end." Dr. Cox to Turk regarding JD

#11 "We're having a baby!" Turk, who had his arm around JD, to Dr. Cox
"Red states be damned! I'm sure you're going to make great fathers." Dr. Cox

#12 "Mothers and daughters: they speak so fast, but they speak so true." Turk regarding Gilmore Girls

#13 "I'm so mad at Lorelai, I can't even talk right now!" JD to Turk regarding Gilmore Girls

#14 "Oh Perry, you're so edgy and cantankerous, you're like House without the limp." Dr. Kelso to Dr. Cox in a reference to the Fox medical show that shares Scrubs' timeslot

#15 "If you killed Ted, I don't want to know about it. Just make sure it's not traceable to the hospital." Dr. Kelso to Dr. Cox after he sent Dr. Cox to help Ted decipher the medical terms in the lawsuits facing the hospital

#16 "Don't you know I dole out compliments once a year? Like a squirrel, you must gather up these acorns of kind words to sustain you for the upcoming cold, sarcastic months." Dr. Cox to JD

#17 "I'm going to go ahead and write you a prescription for two testicles." Dr. Cox to JD after seeing the "Hair-met"

#18 "You know I can't make a decision without you, so here it goes. On Oprah, there's a story about Lindsay Lohan's eating disorder, but on E!, there's a story about Lindsay Lohan's new fabulous Tribeca loft. Don't get me wrong, I want to watch something about Lindsay Lohan, I'm just a little lost here." Dr. Cox to Elliot after she thinks that she helped him make a medical decision
"FYI, that loft is Lohan-tastic! It's vintage Lindsay." JD to Elliot and Dr. Cox

#19 "I started an 'I Hate Cox' chatroom. It hasn't really worked out like I planned. It's me, two interns and 14,000 lesbians." Elliot to Dr. Cox after she told him that he treats her badly

#20 "How do you think they're going to react to an intruder?" Dr. Cox to Turk (re: pregnancy sex)
"The baby can't grab me down there. (To Carla) The baby can't grab me down there, right?" Turk acting a little concerned

Now, it's your turn to decide which quote you think was the best of the season. Simply vote in the poll below, and I'll reveal the results next week! So, which Scrubs quote deserves the Best/Most Awesome/Funniest Line/Exchange of the Year Ultimate Scrubie? Click your choice below.

Which SCRUBS quote gets your vote for the Best Quote of the Year?
Quote 1
Quote 2
Quote 3
Quote 4
Quote 5
Quote 6
Quote 7
Quote 8
Quote 9
Quote 10
Quote 11
Quote 12
Quote 13
Quote 14
Quote 15
Quote 16
Quote 17
Quote 18
Quote 19
Quote 20
Free polls from Pollhost.com





FRIDAY FUN: SUMMER STYLE Bell Takes Her 'Pulse'
Veronica Mars star and PTR favorite Kristen Bell is hitting the big screen this weekend with a starring role in the new thriller Pulse. The movie, about evil spirits infiltrating our world via wireless devices such as cell phones and computers, opens nationwide today. Bell plays Mattie, a college student thrown into the middle of the infiltration, in the remake of a Japanese horror film. The actress spoke with TVGuide.com about the edge-of-your-seat film, and she says that her character is not the typical horror flick chick. "She's really stubborn and she's really quick-witted, not the type to be scared easily. Initially she wants to deny that all of this is going on, but it eats at her so much that she has no choice. Usually you see the girl hanging out by the pool in her bikini and then she gets chased by the monster while in that bikini for the whole movie — but it's justified by her sunbathing at the beginning. [Laughs] I love when they do that. Mattie's not that girl!" She concedes, though, that her character has a bathtub scene. "I fought the tub scene so much. I didn't think it was necessary. We had all these discussions about it and finally... I caved in. I wanted to fight the stereotype but I realize that as a businessman, [producer] Bob Weinstein has to make certain decisions. I laid down over that one, but I was very specific about how I wanted it to happen," she tells TVGuide.com. But, don't get too excited because Bell is quick to point out that the scene has plenty of bubbles. You can read all of TVGuide.com's interview with Kristen Bell HERE. And check out the official trailer for the movie courtesy of Dimension Films and YouTube:


Freaky! To check when Pulse is playing at a theater near you, click over to Fandango for movie times/locations. If you go see Pulse this weekend, leave me a comment with your thoughts. I'll be checking it out tomorrow. In other Bell news, the actress was rushed to the hospital on Wednesday after smashing her hand in a car door. After initially worrying that she had broken a bone, Bell's rep says that tests revealed that she had not. Her rep went on to say that the actress is "fine now."


QUICK CUTS

*And finally, actor Eddie Cibrian is joining the cast of the new Fox drama Vanished. The former Invasion star will play an FBI agent aiding in the search for the missing senator's wife. In other casting news, actor Josh Hopkins (best known to PTR readers as Lilly Rush's former boyfriend ADA Kite on Cold Case) will have a recurring role on ABC's Brothers and Sisters and he'll be a series regular on Fox's aforementioned Vanished. On Brothers, he'll reunite with his former Ally McBeal costar, Calista Flockhart, playing a liberal pundit to Flockhart's conservative radio host. On Vanished, he'll play another FBI agent pursuing the missing senator's wife. Bottom line, unless Hopkins plans to pull triple duty, we shouldn't expect a Lilly/Kite reunion anytime soon.

To get more of today's biggest TV news and headlines, visit the TV News section at PassTheRemote.Net.

That's all for today. Be sure to tune in on Monday for thoughts on Sunday's episode of The 4400. Plus, all the latest television news!


To get more television coverage, including the network's new fall schedules and a complete archive of the best of Pass the Remote with a photo gallery featuring pictures from the set of Veronica Mars, click on over to PassTheRemote.net.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the Scrubies.
Pulse looks really scary! Kristen Bell said there are no blood and guts though.
So I guess I can handle seeing it.