Tuesday, February 26, 2008

'Medium'-For-Hire

If I were to make a famous Rory Gilmore "Pros and Cons List," then the fat paycheck that Allison received for her "medium-for-hire" gig with a slimy defense lawyer would top the Pros column. Of course, having to earn that paycheck by working for said slimy defense attorney would top the Cons column. And thus we have the fundamental dilemma this week on Medium. Do you work for the money or your conscious? Tough choice. I'm not so sure Allison will be so quick to choose money again. The fact that the real killer is walking the streets (and has a history of violence) did not sit well with her. And I can't say I blame her. I'm not so comfortable with the killer on the streets either, but I'm not broken up about the outcome.

An innocent man is in jail by his own choice. He confessed and took the wrap for his daughter knowing full well what he was doing. I didn't get why this bothered Allison so much. He was protecting his daughter. Not so fast you say? What about the small detail about him thinking his mentally handicapped daughter was responsible for his wife's death when, in reality, it was his other non-mentally handicapped daughter? And you have a point. A good one. This is where it gets a little sticky. Would he have done the same for her? Hard to say. Should he have been given the chance to decide for himself? Absolutely! There's no question that the guilty daughter is dangerous and should be in jail over her innocent father. But the man sacrificed for his child. Argh! All of this medium-for-hire stuff is making my head hurt. Bring back Devalos! Finally, how cool was that silent movie-style opening??!! Loved it!

Photos courtesy nbc.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The opening was awesome! I just can't say enough how much i like this show but they've got to bring Davalos and the detective back. I can't even think of his name because we get to see him so infrequently.