Friday, February 15, 2008

Sayid Gets 'Lost' in the Future

Sayid the hitman? Say it ain't so! If this week's flash-forward is telling the truth, it seems that Sayid makes it off the island and then spends his time knocking off the people responsible for his escape. AND to make matters worse, he's working for Ben. Yes, Ben. As in the manipulative I-murdered-an-entire-community-of-innocent-people Ben! Whatever goes down on that island that leads to the Oceanic 6, must be horrific. We know that Hurley purposely gets himself checked into a mental facility, Jack gets addicted to pills and tries everything he can think of to get back to the island and Sayid does Ben's bidding! I'm starting to think that Locke is the only sane one, and he claims to be taking orders from Walt.

That familiar odor you're smelling every time Kate comes on screen is not her island-induced lack of hygiene (which, for some reason, does not seem to plague Claire. Have you ever noticed how fresh and so clean (clean) she looks compared to the other females?? It boggles the mind). Anyway, back to the stench -- it's not eau de island, but rather, jealousy. It's killing her that Jack and Juliet have a "thing" going on. If looks could kill, Jack would have dropped dead right then and there when Kate saw him talking to Juliet. Knowing Kate's past, I'm not so sure I'd want to cross her. No worries for now, though, because she's otherwise preoccupied with Sawyer. I think we all know where that's going (and even if we didn't, the preview was sure to spell it out in plain English).

I'm not sure what to make of Daniel's experiments. Clearly, the island is suffering from a serious delay, but why? Since answers don't come easy on this show, I'm not holding my breath for a quick resolution to that question. But that's OK because those flash-forwards are giving me the illusion of getting some solid answers (yes, I'm aware that they're simply raising more questions, but I'm choosing to look on the bright side).

Screencaps courtesy Lost-Media.com

No comments: