Monday, June 23, 2008

Lola was 'In Plain Sight' the Whole Time

Get out your broken records because I'm about to add another one to your collection. In Plain Sight just keeps getting better! I LOVED this week's nail-biting, edge-of-your-seat episode, and yet it was a complete contrast to last week's lighter bridesmaid outing (which, I also loved). They mixed it up a bit this week by having Mary and Marshall take a roadtrip to Arizona to pick up an inductee into WITSEC. He was in jail for contract killing, but promised to flip on his boss Lola in return for protection. Or so we thought. I had my doubts about the mysterious Lola, but I didn't expect things to turn out as they did. Dave Foley is just too unassuming, which, on top of his excellent acting skills, is why I presume they cast him in this role. He seems like the slightly strange, super-smart neighbor who lacks any street smarts or common sense and thus, could never be capable of pulling off such an elaborate scheme. Wrong-O! Turns out, he was Lola and he arranged for his transfer to WITSEC as a way of breaking out of prison. And did I mention that he purposely got himself caught and thrown in prison in order to carry out a hit for a client??!! Seriously, though, who would have thought??!! Great acting, casting and writing on this one.

Am I the only one who sensed a little weirdness between Mary and Marshall? I know he got shot and was in serious risk of losing his life, but something was amiss. Maybe I'm suffering from Bones Syndrome (whereby I see every law enforcement partnership as a potential love match), but Marshall looked like there was more to be said when he explained his rash decision to apply for another job and leave WITSEC. I was totally convinced that he was about to tell her that he had feelings for her (which, would have tied in nicely with last week's spur-of-the-moment/ I'm just doing my job make-out session) when he started in with that random exotic animal speech. Hmm... I know they're each other's only friend and all, but I'm just not convinced that friendship is where it ends. Wow, I really have been watching too much Bones lately!

In Plain Sight airs Sunday nights on USA Network. If you missed this week's episode ("Trojan Horst"), check it out for free at Hulu.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally thought Marshall was going to admit feelings for her. I agree something is amiss between those two. Do you think we've seen the last of Christian? I hope not. He's great eye candy!

LillyKat said...

Another strong ep. I have to say I'm curious as to Marshall's "keeper of an exotic animal" comment. What was up with that?! LOL! That seems to be something you say to someone who is way more than your friend/partner, but ya' never know. One of the things I'm really liking about this show is how it manages to keep things light, funny, comedic even during some tense moments. It can be very subtle, and in that respect, it's kinda similar to The Closer ... with a slightly sharper tongue (which is Mary's MO ... can you imagine Mary v. Brenda? Who'd get the last word? LOL!). ;o)

Good stuff!