Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Devalos Gets it Right

The DA sure bungled the case in this 2-part episode of Medium! And then he was publicly humiliated in the court room when Devalos revealed that the murder "victim" was alive and well and had been living in Barcelona since she and her partner faked her murder and framed her husband (so they could get her $7 million life insurance policy). Of course, both of them face a host of charges, including the murder of the real victim, and they won't be enjoying any of that $7 million either. So in the end, justice was served, but it was Manny who was serving it. Perhaps, the wheels have just been set into motion that will take the current DA out of office and replace him with our Manny! Scanlon is temporarily re-assigned, which means that he and Manny won't being going toe-to-toe anymore (thankfully). Now, we just have to get that DA out of office so Manny can get back to putting the bad guys away and Scanlon and Allison can complete the kickass bad-guy-putting-away tri-fecta.

I'm trying to decide whether or not I agree with Allison's decision to lie to her mother-in-law about her dream. The power of positive thinking and all aside, I just don't know if it was the right thing to do since Joe's mom firmly believes anything Allison tells her. What if she's wrong? On the positive side, at least the lie avoided that big fight I predicted last week between Joe and Allison.

A big PTR kudos to reader John for correctly predicting the mystery to this 2-part episode. In the comments to last week's post, he wrote:

My guess (and it is just a guess - I have seen no spoilers) is that the woman who was supposedly murdered actually murdered the hooker with the help of the dentist. He removed the teeth to make it impossible to identify the victim. She was framing her soon to be ex-husband at the same time.

Looks like he had it figured out before Allison!

Photos courtesy nbc.com.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so proud of myself for figuring it out before Allison did. I never read that post of John's. I'm also on the fence about Allison's lie to her mother-in-law. Also what is "...I predicted last week between Joe and Allison when Joe"?? It's like you stopped in mid-sentence.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kudos, but I did have an advantage over Allison. She merely talks to the dead, I have watched years of TV.

TVFan said...

Sorry about that. I was trying to edit a wordy sentence and apparently, I didn't do it right. It should be fixed now.

Good one, John!