Tuesday, March 11, 2008

'Medium' in the Middle

Interesting... they pitted Devalos against Det. Scanlon in this 2-part episode of Medium. On the one hand, I'm just glad to have the gang back together, but on the other, I'm having a hard time rooting against Manny (because, clearly, if you put Scanlon against him, I'm going to choose my Det. Hottie no matter how much I like Manny). I guess that was kinda the beauty about the end of last night's outing -- things were beginning to look like Devalos was right about his client and the gang was about to be on the same page. We're this close to getting our old Medium back and I couldn't be happier about these latest developments. Yes, they're only baby steps, but at least they're baby steps in the right direction.

You just know that Allison's dreams about the dentist with a it-takes-all-kinds fetish are somehow connected to this burned woman crime (and Ariel's dream). My favorite theory right now -- the dentist was the woman's first husband. Of course, I'm never very good with interpreting Allison's dreams (or my own for that matter), so we'll just have to wait until next week to find out how it all relates. And then there's Joe's mother. I knew something was up, but I wasn't quite expecting that something to be a possibly terminal illness. And Allison has to keep it from Joe! This has "HUGE explosive fight" written all over it!

Photos courtesy nbc.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate two-parters on Medium! To have to wait until next week to put all the pieces together is sheer torture! And when the heck are they going to give poor Joe a job?? Enough already!!

Anonymous said...

My guess (and it is just a guess - I have seen no spoilers) is that the woman who was supposedly murdered actually murdered the hooker with the help of the dentist. He removed the teeth to make it impossible to identify the victim.

She was framing her soon to be ex-husband at the same time.

TVFan said...

I think that's a pretty good guess, John. I did think that he was removing the teeth in order to make identification impossible too.