Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Joe Has a Dream

I can't believe this was another 2-parter from Medium!! I was watching last night's episode on my DVR, so I was completely unaware of the time and then it just ended. Just like that! We see the "missing Joanna" laughing at Susie, admitting her role in the kidnapping scheme, and suddenly killing her with a sharp blow to the head and then Allison wakes up! She gets up and the credits role!! I couldn't believe it. I guess I should have paid more attention to all of the advance warning we received about this episode being a 2-parter, huh? And it isn't just the mystery that has me intrigued for Part 2. I'm curious to see how this Joe invention story line pans out. Obviously, his idea is brilliant. No doubt. But, if someone beats him to it, he's totally screwed and his kids don't get to go to college. I guess what I'm saying is, I see both sides. Gambling with your kids college fund = never a good idea. But, sitting at home collecting a measly unemployment check each week isn't either. If this continues much longer, they may have to dip into that fund anyway. At least with Joe's idea there's a decent chance that they'll get it back and then some. It's risky, though, either way.

I was really happy to see Hannah again (for some inexplicable reason, everyone from Everwood will always be known as their character from that show. Take Amy (Emily Van Camp), for instance, she's on Brothers & Sisters now, but whenever I catch a glimpse of her on there I immediately think, "Hey, there's Amy!" And for the record, I had no idea Sarah Drew was going to be on this show last night, so my selection of an Everwood clip as Video of the Week was a sheer coincidence. Or maybe I'm psychic like Allison). We saw her on Cold Case last season, and now as Cynthia's missing daughter. Her abduction was so freaky because it could happen to anyone. I was utterly baffled the entire hour, and it only seemed to increase as the story progressed. So, I was so excited to finally have a grip on the story (Joanna isn't a victim, she's an accomplice!) and then it was gone. You know, this show pulls the switcheroo so much that you'd think I'd see it coming, and yet I keep taking the cheese and getting shocked. Or perhaps, I'm just defining the word "Crazy" as Joe pointed out to his unemployment counselor last night, and I just keep expecting a different result. Either way, I'm happy that this show still manages to shock and surprise me since so few do anymore.

Photos courtesy nbc.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They've really got to cool it with these 2-parters. These mysteries need to be solved in the same night or it is just torture. I was so bummed when I found out it was another 2-parter. How great was Joe's dream! The animation part was adorable!