Monday, August 11, 2008

The Ties That Bind

I think Mary said it best when she said, "My family is going to be the death of me." And, they almost were this week! Brandi's tangled web managed to snag Mary and entangle her in a kidnapping scheme (apparently, they grabbed the wrong "hot sister"). I never doubted that Mary would get herself out of the dicey situation, I was just surprised that her mouth hadn't gotten her out sooner. Well, it would have had the FBI not blown her identity with a breaking news story about her disappearance. But what her mouth couldn't do, her physical strength and cop smarts could. With a little help from Marshall (who seemed a little too distraught over her kidnapping if you catch my drift) and Stan of course. Mary: 1, Drug Thugs: 0.

Brandi, Brandi, Brandi -- I'm really trying to like you. I mean, I'm going above and beyond, quite frankly, what's expected from a TV viewer. I try to focus on your strengths (as few as they may be) and thanks to your sheer awesomeness last week, you have a free pass from here on out, but I still find it difficult to place both of my feet firmly in your camp. You brought the frickin' drugs back into Mary's house for crap's sake! We all know where this is leading and it isn't going to be good for Mary, ergo, you. I will give you this, though, you're a million times better than your whiny, drama queen mother (and I'm not referring to her audition, but rather, her performance in the middle of it). Is there any chance next week's season finale will find Mary's mother taking the blame for the drugs, turning state's witness and getting relocated to Fargo to never be heard from again? Yeah, I didn't think so.

In Plain Sight airs Sunday nights on USA Network. If you missed this week's episode ("Stan By Me"), check it out for free at Hulu.com.

1 comment:

LillyKat said...

I am way behind on commenting on this show, but I have been watching each week, and I cannot believe next week is the season finale! I have thoroughly enjoyed it!

Brandi is so interesting ... it's like one week we think she's going to be OK, then the next week she messes up royally. Nichole Hiltz has been a pleasure to watch. And Mary is just awesome!

After filling my summer with BJ, Grace and Mary, it's going to be hard for me to go back to watching procedural Lilly - unless the writers actually DO something with her this season, though I can't say I'm holding my breath on that one. :(