Monday, July 23, 2007

'The 4400' Get Marked

The 4400 is on fire this season! Some weeks it's "Freak-of-the-Week" (promicin positives or 4400: original flavor alike), others it's Tom almost getting a heaping helping of promicin, and yet others, it's conspiracies surrounding a group from the future known as "The Marked." I'll admit it -- I never knew whether to believe Peck's theory or not. This show kept me guessing this week, and for that, I have a huge smile on my face. I like when shows catch me off guard and leave me wondering where it's all leading. I never thought it was leading to Tom as an agent of this rogue future group. "When we need him, he'll be there for us," said the fictional head of the fictional dominating software company in the world (LOVED the Microsoft allusions). Once again, poor Tom. The man cannot catch a break. I wasn't surprised to learn that Matthew was a member of "The Marked." I had theorized for a while that Isabelle was the creation of the future, but not the same future as the one who sent the 4400 back to stop the catastrophe. And Matthew was always there guiding her down a seemingly evil path and ensuring that his group's work was carried out and the 4400 were destroyed. This week's episode tied it all together with a very interesting turn of events.

There were a lot of excellent things going on in this one. First, the hilarious low-low-low-low budget films from Peck coupled with NTAC's reaction to them. I think Diana had me cracking up the most because she just couldn't get past how much they sucked. Second, Diana's "Play it Cool" act in the software CEO's office. The way she laughed when he mentioned that he always hoped Jeff Goldblum would play him in a feature film had me laughing as well. And then there was her description of the film and the revealing ear check. Nice comic relief this week. Third, the Jordan and Shawn reunion draped in cloak and dagger. I know Jordan assured Shawn and Kyle that he had nothing to do with the councilman's stroke, but I'm still suspicious. Fourth, Shawn's unexpected healing session with the councilman. I was wondering what would happen since Maia predicted that he would round up the 4400 concentration camp-style. The end cleared this up. Finally, the suspenseful parking garage showdown between Diana and an assumed assailant who turned out to be none other than the missing Peck. For someone so petite, she's pretty menacing when she's coming at you with a gun! As if this week's outing wasn't awesome enough, they had to throw in the history-laced comment from Marco that Diana's visit to his place was the first in a long time. Oh, you gotta love The 4400.

If you missed last night's episode, check out the 2-minute replay at the show's official site.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I believe Jordan's supposed innocence either. Definitely another interesting and entertaining episode of The 4400.