Monday, July 09, 2007

Nothing but the Hard Truth on 'The 4400'

Wow! Just... WOW! It's not very often that a show gives me goose bumps, but the end of this week's episode of The 4400 sure did! When Kyle read Isabelle's translation of the text from 85 years ago and got to the names, the goose bumps starting coming on strong. Then to see Tom's name at the bottom - oh boy! And this was only one of the compelling story lines last night. This show gets better every week. The main event was finding April and her new ability as a human lie detector. It's handy to have when you want to blackmail important people or get a cushy job at NTAC or if you just want to embarrass your sister's partner. When she asked Tom if he ever had sexual fantasies about Diana and he said yes, I about died!! How embarrassed must he have been?! It really is rough being Tom Baldwin and you can add "his partner knows that he fantasies about her" to the list of reasons why. It isn't too easy being April Skouris either, although, she causes a lot of her own misfortune. I felt so badly for her when she found her latest boyfriend dead on the hotel room floor. I was already feeling badly because of the whole Diana/Ben thing, and then they hit us with the dead boyfriend. I really hope this job at NTAC is her ticket to a happy life.

My heart broke a little when Diana told Ben that she was staying in Seattle, especially when she said, "Don't hate me, Ben. Please." Working for NTAC and searching for Jordan Collier really are a big part of who she is even if she wants to be someone who can pack up and move to Spain without giving it a second thought. Diana is Diana, and Ben has to accept her if they're going to have a future together. I'm still not sure that they're destined to walk down the aisle, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that these two crazy kids can work this out. I'll miss hottie Ben in the meantime. And is it just me, or does Diana look absolutely fabulous this season?! Week to week she looks amazing. That time in Spain did her some good (Actually, I think it might be her hair). Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how things unfold with April at NTAC and what Tom does with the knowledge that his son is promicin positive. And what about the fact that his name is on the 85-year-old list?? Here come the chills again...

If you're wondering what a typical day is like on the set of The 4400, then you will want to click over to star Jacqueline McKenzie's official site. Her June 11th News posting details the hectic pace and funny moments that comprise her usual workday. Click on over to her site to find out what happens in the hair and make-up trailer, which cast member causes the most mischief, and which serious scene from season 1 had everyone hysterical at 4 in the morning!

If you missed last night's episode, check out the 2-minute replay at the show's official site.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maia has predicted that Diana and Ben get married, so I wouldn't sweat that relationship too much. I have noticed this season that Diana is definitely looking fabulous!! I agree thjat each week she looks even better. The time off from the show must have rested her up.