Thursday, December 06, 2007

Janitor Finds a Lady Friend

You know how you pretend to be a better version of yourself when you first start dating someone? You hide your flaws, weird quirks and secret hobbies just in case one or more sabotages the thing before it even takes off. Well, Janitor feels your pain. He didn't just pretend to be a better version of himself, nope; he took it to a whole different level by erasing every thread of himself in order to have a chance with Lady. Normally, I would advocate against losing yourself in a relationship, but in Janitor's case, I think it just might be a good idea. Of course, I'm biased because the story line made me laugh. There were many other things that made me laugh tonight including: Janitor's "smitten voice," the game of "Smelly Belly," the moment JD realized he wanted to be a doctor, everyone's obsession with rateyourdoc.org, Dr. Kelso and his "Muffins for Life" prize, The Todd pretending to be JD and Dr. Kelso's quest to finish the latest Harry Potter book without being spoiled. Now, here's a look at this week's best, funniest and all around awesome lines in this edition of the Scrubies.

The Scrubies
"Quick announcement -- I have signed Sacred Heart up for a web site called rateyourdoc.org where patients can evaluate and score their doctors. I think it's going to lead to better patient care and if along the way you all become paranoid and overly competitive, happy birthday to me!" Dr. Kelso to the staff

"Dr. Kelso, I became a doctor to save lives, heal wounds and occasionally, drop the MD bomb to pull hot tail in bars." JD

"Of course, I've only been a doctor for some twenty years and the person who wrote that Wikipedia entry also authored the Battlestar Galactica episode guide, so what the heck do I know?" Dr. Cox to a patient who declined chemo because he read on Wikipedia that a raw food diet cures bone cancer

"Hell, Enid still thinks it's too snowy to go outside. I spray the windows with shaving cream to keep her out of the yard. Her wheelchair tears up the grass." Dr. Kelso to Janitor after proclaiming that lying is the best form of communication between men and women

If you have a line that you would like to nominate for a Scrubie, be sure to leave me a comment and I'll publish it in a future edition. And if you were loving tonight's ending song, Jump Little Children's "B-13," you can get it from iTunes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could remember them! I like your picks though.