Friday, December 21, 2007

Kathryn Morris Makes a 'Case' for Locks of Love

By LillyKat
PTR Staff Writer


In the spirit of the holiday season, leave it to PTR Fave Kathryn Morris to inspire us with a little love.

Locks of Love, that is.

Back in November, Morris lended her support to an event for Locks of Love, a non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children suffering from long-term medical hair loss.

"A few months ago, I met this young lady named Moriah," says Morris. "She had this long glorious hair, and I said, ‘Your hair is so beautiful.’ And she said, ‘I’m growing it out. I’m donating my hair to Locks of Love for the fourth time.’ I was so inspired by this girl that I really wanted to know more about the organization."

Morris continues to be inspired by the young girls and children who get involved to donate their hair for more than just cancer victims.

"They’re finding that the hair is not just used for cancer victims," says Morris. "It’s also used for people who have alopecia. And, when young girls know they can donate their healthy hair [to other children and adults], it’s a real gift. It’s a small thing they can do, and they [can] bond together in kind of a sorority of hair - I’ve been very inspired by that."

You can watch video of Kathryn at the event over at ET Online.

(Thanks kindly to the good folks at the Look Again Forum for the heads-up).

1 comment:

TVFan said...

Thanks for the bit of holiday cheer. Locks of Love is a great organization, so it's nice to see Kathryn involved. :-)