Tuesday, May 06, 2008

ABC Cancels 'Trees'

TV Guide's Mike Ausiello is reporting that ABC has cancelled Men in Trees after two seasons of crazy scheduling and long hiatuses between episodes. The last run of episodes will begin May 28th. More from Ausiello:


Exclusive: ABC Chops Down Men in Trees

If this is a harbinger of the week ahead, I may be taking off on a last-minute vacation tonight. ABC has gone and canceled one of TV's most consistently heartwarming hours, Men in Trees.

The sad, depressing news was just confirmed to me by series creator Jenny Bicks, who says she was informed of the network's decision late last week. "I am really proud of the work we did on MIT," she tells me. "A huge thank you to our supportive fans."

Bicks believes that two years of schizophrenic scheduling ultimately did the cherished dramedy in. "I wish the show had not been moved six times and put onto two long hiatuses," she sighs. "No show could survive that."

Truer words have never been spoken.

As soul-crushing as this is, I managed to find a silver lining in all this: Viewers will get their happy ending.

Bicks and her team prepared for Trees' possible demise by shooting an alternate series-finale ending that will now be tacked onto the show's last episode, which is slated to air this summer. Trees kicks off its final run of episodes on Wednesday, May 28.

In the meantime, use the comments section below to mourn the passing of another great TV show. Also, feel free to share your fondest Trees memories. Mine? Marin falling through the ice and being forced to spend the night with Jack in the pilot. Now your turn.


I will miss this charming show. How do you feel about MIT's cancellation? Leave me a comment with your thoughts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am truly bummed at this news. I really loved this show. AT least we will get a decent ending and some closure. Thanks for the heads up on this one.