Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Squint in the Murder

I think Cam spoke for most of us when she said in this week's Bones finale, "I didn't see that coming!" And to be completely truthful, I'm not so sure that I'm buying Zack as Gormogon's apprentice. I mean, he killed a lobbyist! Sweet, little innocent Zack??!! I suppose we all have a dark side, but using your access to the lab to assist a serial killer and stabbing a man to death are sorta on the extreme side, doncha think? While I try to piece all of this together and accept Zack's terrible decisions, I'm also mourning his departure from the lab. Bones isn't going to be the same without him or his constant bantering and hilarious experiments with Hodgins. To think, I was spending most of the episode concerned that Sweets was the apprentice and we would lose him from the show! Who knew!

After this week's episode, I've decided that "try the pie" is my new euphemism for Booth and Brennan hooking up (as in, "Brennan really should try the pie" or "Bones admired the pie from its dessert counter encasing, but chose not to sample it quite yet" for that hilarious bathroom scene). I like it. It's catchy. And it's all thanks to Sweets. He hypothesized that Booth's constant insistence that Brennan try fruit pies is a form of seduction. Ha! Love it! Also loved the way Brennan marched herself right into Booth's house and then into his bathroom where a very naked Booth was enjoying his beer hat in the tub while listening to loud music. "Would you like a towel?" and "Just so you know, I find your lack of Puritan modesty very refreshing" might just be my new favorite Brennan-isms. I was surprised that Sweets didn't jump all over her obvious hurt feelings from not being informed about Booth's fake death. Why did it bother her that he didn't call her personally and tell her? Perhaps, she interpreted it as a lack of closeness and importance, which leads to a whole different set of questions that lead us right back to her trying that damn pie. Guess we'll have to wait until next season to see if that happens.

In the meantime, TVGuide.com has an interview with actor Eric Millegan (Zack) on his departure, the possibility of Zack returning from time to time, and how he found out that his character was Gormogon's apprentice.

Photos are copyright Fox Broadcasting Co. If you missed last night's season finale ("The Pain in the Heart"), check it out for free at Hulu.com.

No comments: