Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Allison Keeps it All in the Family

I know I've been begging Medium to reinstate Devalos and pair him back up with Allison and Scanlon, but giving Van Dyke a terminal diagnosis was not exactly what I had in mind. I spent this entire season loathing the man, but this week, I felt terrible for him, his wife and his children. That scene at the end with Allison was so heart wrenching. The man wanted nothing more than to ease his family's suffering. He wanted it so badly he was trying to find out how he can find Allison after he passes. All of this sadness put a huge damper on my "Yes! Devalos is back and he re-hired Allison" celebration, so I guess I'll have to wait until next season for it to commence.

I was, however, able to kick off the "Yes! Joe got a quarter of a million dollars, a new job that has him working on his quarter million dollar idea, and he gets to stay in Phoenix" celebration. I have to hand it to Meghan Doyle for pulling off quite the con savvy brokering. She had me fooled right along with Joe and Allison. Although, I would have wanted a lawyer to look over that paperwork she had drawn up to make sure it was on the up and up. Little good that would have done me!

This week's case still has me scratching my head. So, Kelly married her brother then killed herself and framed her husband to make it look like he killed her and staged it to look like a suicide all in an attempt to get back at her father? For serious?! Umm, shouldn't she have been focusing on getting back at her mother for killing her baby brother??!! Or better yet, reconsidered the whole "I'm going to kill myself -- that'll show you" routine because, quite frankly Kelly, you really only hurt yourself in the end. Maybe Kelly was harboring the same breed of crazy as her mother and that explains all of this insanity. Either way, Medium got me again. And I can't complain about that.

Photos courtesy nbc.com. If you missed last night's outing ("Drowned World"), check it out for free at Hulu.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Touche!! Couldn't agree more with every word.