Wednesday, May 14, 2008

'Bones' Just Wants To Have Fun

I had the opening bit for this week's write-up of Bones all written in my head. It had something to do with American Idol, Booth calling Bones Paula, and the word awesome, but then they went and SHOT BOOTH!!! and all semblance of clever thought escaped me. One minute Bones is on stage at open mic night singing her heart out to "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" (P.S. mom was lying, dear) and the next, Pam shows up, pulls out a gun, points it at Brennan and pulls the trigger! "Oh. My. Gah!," I thought, "They're going to shoot Brennan!" But no, Booth stood up and took the bullet for his partner. At least they're not leaving us hanging as we're getting a new episode next week. And it's not like I think that they'll actually kill Booth. Much like last season's Cold Case finale (in which Lilly Rush was shot), I think Booth will pull through just fine. I'll admit, this caught me completely off guard. It was the Alias driving- in- the- car- listening- to- "Lay Lady Lay"- and- suddenly- a- car- crashes- right- into- Syd- and- Vaughn's- car all over again. Brennan was singing "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" for goodness sake! I was laughing and marveling in the way she was able to kick back and the way that Booth was admiring it. It was a nice moment that turned very wrong.

[Insert witty bit about American Idol, Booth calling Bones "Paula," and the word awesome]. See? Every coherent, clever thought is gone. OK, it was pretty frickin' awesome that they had Ace Young playing the wannabe singer/murder victim. It was also pretty frickin' awesome that open mic night included so many ridiculous contestants ala Idol. And I can't express how much I (hearted) Booth calling Bones "Paula" because she had nothing but nice things to say about each ridiculous contestant. This was Sweets' debut as a consultant as opposed to just their therapist and I enjoyed his funny insight on the suspects and the case, but I missed his therapy sessions with Booth and Bones. Maybe this shooting will mark the return of those sessions. See, something good could come out of something bad.

Photos are copyright Fox Broadcasting Co. If you missed last night's outing ("The Wannabe in the Weeds"), check it out for free at Hulu.com.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love to watch american idol episode especially the grand finals lets watch this via tv licence online with free live streaming.

mark john said...

Everyone loves watching it , because it is really entertaining and it is filled with a lot of dreams and people who wants to be an american idol.

Small Freelancing Jobs