Monday, July 14, 2008

Difficult Changes 'In Plain Sight'

Up until this week, In Plain Sight has touched on the difficulties of up-rooting your entire life, cutting off all contact with loved ones, and losing everything you've worked for in order to enter into the Federal Witness Protection Program. But this week, we got a full dose of how devastating it can be on everyone affected. It's better than living your life in fear and winding up six feet under, but that doesn't make the initial blow any easier. I spent most of the episode annoyed with Iris's dad and his unwillingness to adapt to his new life, and I was downright angry at him for resenting his daughter for being the unintentional catalyst for the change. But, that didn't mean that I wasn't feeling a little sorry for him at the same time. Mary's "Just Give Me 6 Months" speech seemed about right, even though it went over like a lead balloon. Thankfully, though, it didn't take that long for Dr. Morris to come around and realize what he was doing to his daughter.

It's no secret that I'm not Brandi's biggest fan, but I might have to full-on hate her if she continues on this "Hmm... Maybe I should steal Mary's man since she doesn't seem all that interested anyway" path. I saw signs of a conscience here and there, but it kinda bugs that she even considered it. Luckily, Raph doesn't seem too interested and even went as far as to say that he and Brandi hang out as friends, but would never sleep together. It's good to see that someone has some sense. The writing staff must have been in a generous mood this week because they also gave Brandi some at the end when she threw that suitcase off the bridge. Maybe, this will be a turning point for the character.

Finally, it was nice to see Wallace again. But then again, it made me miss Veronica Mars even more.

In Plain Sight airs Sunday nights on USA Network. If you missed this week's episode ("Iris Doesn't Live Here Anymore"), check it out for free at Hulu.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved this episode! The Dad had me so conflicted. I could totally understand where he was coming from, but at the same time saw him as selfish and self-centered. The girls just broke my heart. Seeing Wallace again was a nice surprise. AS for the sister, hands off Raph!!! What a relief when he said they would never sleep together.