PTR Senior Staff Writer
So it is, according to our Deadliest Catch gang, the halfway point of the crabbing season - heavy emphasis on the Opilio part of that season. What have we learned?
- No boat is immune from the ice pack.
- Boats should come equipped with rear view mirrors so as to better watch those Bering Sea 40 footers that sneak up from BEHIND.
- Captain Sig CAN be content; even better, he can actually quit smoking - if only for about three hours.
- Dutch Harbor should be renamed Igloo Bay.
- Captain Phil hasn't lost his touch, but the Cornelia Marie seems to be held together by a couple of packs of gum and some duct tape.
- Captain Keith has made one of the worst decisions of his career this Opilio season (and is still haunted by its repercussions); however, he IS still able to get his s**t together to get on the crab and fill up the Wizard.
- The Time Bandit is still unable to do anything wrong; and, although Captain Andy does have a temper, he uses it sparingly.
- These guys still have one of the most deadliest, most tiring, most mind numbing, most trying, most nerve wracking, most insane jobs on the planet ... and they LOVE it.
New episodes of Deadliest Catch air Tuesdays at 9 p.m. on Discovery Channel. Visit the official Deadliest Catch Web site for the latest on the captains and crews of the Northwestern, Cornelia Marie, Time Bandit, Wizard, Early Dawn and North American and the new boat, the Incentive. You can also catch up with Deadliest Catch folks on Twitter: fvnw_erin / CaptPhilHarris / northwesternpat / NorthwesternPR / captjohnathan / northwesternsig / DeadliestCatch (which is actually the Cornelia Marie) / DiscoveryChPR.