Sunday, April 08, 2007

'Lost' Goes Up in Smoke Again

It was ladies night on Lost this week as Kate and Julia teamed up against Kate's will. Turtlemama is taking the week off because of the holiday, but here's what I have to say:

TVFan says: I know the producers swear up and down that the island's "monster" is not a dinosaur and we've all seen several times now that it's... wait for it... black smoke (WTH??), but I'm convinced that Lost stole the sound effects from Jurassic Park. Either that, or it's really a T-Rex with a camera pretending to be black smoke. I kept yelling at my TV screen, "Stand still! T-Rexes can't see you if you're not moving!" Man, Kate and Julia needed to see that dinosaur blockbuster. It just goes to show that you never know when these things will come in handy. Of course, the only thing that kept this monster from killing them Eko-style is The Others' sophisticated security system. For that reason alone, I'd be moving to their camp and ditching the beach, but that's just me (plus the whole living in a house idea!!). Back on the beach, Hurley had Sawyer thinking that the rest of the survivors were going to vote to banish him from the beach, but I knew all along that he was just trying to get him to be nice. I'm surprised that con man Sawyer didn't see through it as well. Speaking of cons, I'm pretty sure that Kate's teaming up with Sawyer's ex is one of the most closely connected character pasts thus far. Sure, the fact that Claire and Jack have the same father takes the cake, but this one is pretty juicy. Think about it; these two helped each other out and then Kate wound up meeting and sleeping with the horrible guy who left her partner in crime unbeknownst to her! I used to think that these connections were clever, but now I strongly believe that they are the secret behind this entire show. The survivors of this Oceanic Flight were not random. Now, if I could only find out why The Others know so much about them... maybe in another 3 seasons (if I'm lucky). But, that will be OK as long as the show keeps giving us these rich, character-heavy episodes like the last several outings. I'm Lost once again, but this time in a good way.

What did you think of this week's outing? Leave us a comment with your thoughts. If you missed this week's episode, you can watch it for free at abc.com. The screencap in this edition is courtesy of Lost-Media.com.


Veronica Needs Your Help!! Click HERE to find out what you can do to help Veronica Mars get another season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I did enjoy this episode and didn't have any of the usual feelings of frustration. That being said, I'm beginning to look at these episodes as independent of each other instead of a continuing series.I never even give what happened on the previous episode a thought anymore because they are so unrelated. For example, Locke's dad being tied up on the island.
Thanks for confirming that Kate's buddy in the flashbacks was Sawyer's former victim. I wasn't sure about that.