Thursday, April 19, 2007

Someone Else Gets 'Lost'

Lost brought in a parachuter last night. Are the existing characters that tapped out?? Here's what Turtlemama and I have to say:

Turtlemama says: I have one word to describe this week’s episode of ‘Lost’…. What? That’s all I can say. We seem to be veering back into the carpool lane where new stories pop up to confuse us even more, the main story is put to the backburner while we waste an episode wondering why there is a helicopter crash and why the writers are giving us yet ANOTHER person to question. It’s an endless stream of curiosities and new questions.
Seriously…we should have most of the mysteries figured out by now and the survivors should either be A) making a new society, or B) figuring out ways to get rescued. I would assume that they would be doing A. Why they didn’t just take over the abandoned dorms from ‘The Others’ I’ll never know.

Then I guess it would take away from the crazy story they’ve brewed up that even they don’t know the conclusion. This episode really was more filler. Sure, another story comes from this, maybe it’s the prelude to their rescue, but who would be sorely disappointed if the survivors
were rescued without getting all the answers to the mysteries of the island? I know I’d be ticked off.

I don’t know what else to say about the episode, maybe I was spoiled with the past few episodes that were classic ‘Lost’. I hope that things pick up next week, but I have feeling it’s going to be yet another side story to take our minds off the fact that we still don’t have any
real answers. Maybe they’ll surprise me and I’ll be back next week admitting I was wrong…but I’m a pretty proud person, so don’t bet on it!


TVFan says: Not such a fan of the casting news gods anymore. I knew that Las Vegas alum Marsha Thompson was joining Lost and that her character wasn't going to be someone who was already on the island. Enter the parachuter (literally) and a crashing helicopter, and it wasn't difficult to put two and two together. Needless to say, the question of "Is it or isn't it Penny?" was completely ruined for me. Putting that aside, I enjoyed this episode (although, not as much as the other recent outings). I'm sure all of your TiVos were working overtime as mine was last night during that scene with Desmond and the monk. For those not digitally blessed, the photo on the monk's desk showed him and the fate lady from the jewelry shop in a previous Desmond flashback. Is she the monk's mother? Did the monk find Desmond on the street that night to prevent him from marrying the other woman, and therefore, ensuring that he met Penny (he did set them up at the end when he suggested that Desmond catch a ride with her)? And what about Charlie? Did Desmond alter fate when he saved him from the arrow? Time, and Desmond's visions, will tell. In the meantime, I'm excited to watch this tempting fate story play out.

So, what did you think about last night's outing? Leave us a comment with your thoughts. If you missed this week's episode, you can watch it for free at abc.com. The screencap in this edition is courtesy of Lost-Media.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tend to agree with Turtlemama's assessment. It did seem a little like filler. I knew darn well the parachuter was not going to be Penny. That just would have been too predictable. It wasn't a bad episode, but I think the previous weeks had me a little spoiled too.