Thursday, April 05, 2007

'Scrubs' Hard Goodbye

Scrubs has made me laugh so hard that my sides hurt after, but tonight it made me cry. It's not the first time this show has moved me this way, but it was one of the more difficult episodes of the series. It's one thing to lose a guest star, but another to lose a beloved character. I guess I'm a little like Carla in that I wasn't ready to say goodbye to Laverne. The show won't be 100% the same without her. In the middle of all of this sadness, there were some funny moments. We had the contrast between the way the different characters dealt with Laverne's coma, a bad news robot, JD scared of robots (see previous funny moment), an 80s coma patient who woke up, JD's Dr. Cox impression, Dr. Cox and Jordan's "emotional moment," JD's Jennifer Dylan (JD) name suggestion for the baby, Eliot's weird soda quiz story, a shadow puppet show, and the revelation that JD gets to be the godfather (by default) and Jordan agreeing to name the new baby Jennifer Dylan. Now, here's a look at the best, funniest and all around awesome lines in this week's edition of the Scrubies.

The Scrubies
"Yes, and that's what we call a lie or when you're married, communication." Dr. Cox to JD after lying to Jordan about telling everyone about their new baby

"I know this reasoning is about as rational as your parents actually thinking they could raise you as a boy." Dr. Cox to JD

"You know Laverne if this were a horror flick, I'd be so scared that I was next. They always kill the black folks off first." Turk to a comatose Laverne

"Not even a killer threat coupled with that new psychopathic alien head could keep me from telling the world." Eliot to Dr. Cox (regarding his new haircut) after he tried to keep her from telling everyone about the baby

"I knew before everyone! In your faces! I knew. Tell them, Perry. It was a long saga..." JD to the gang regarding the fact that Dr. Cox told him about the baby first

That's this week's edition of the Scrubies. If you have a line that you would like to nominate for a Scrubie, drop me a comment and I'll publish it in a future edition. As always, if you would like to discuss this week's Scrubs episode, leave me a comment with your thoughts. If you missed this hilarious outing, check it out on iTunes.

And if you were loving that ending song that played over Carla's goodbye, then you'll want to know that it was Keane's "A Bad Dream." You can get it now on iTunes.


Veronica Needs Your Help!! Click HERE to find out what you can do to help Veronica Mars get another season.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMFG!!! They killed Laverne??? Noooo!!!! I loved Laverne. But I guess the actress is entitled to move on and do other stuff. I bet that must have made for a pretty interesting story though. I dunno if it happens to you, but since Scrubs is in its essence a comedy, whenever they hit on angsty topics, or realistic topics, it gets you harder. They really know how to get their point across.

What can I say? Thank you, Laverne, for a great couple of seasons. :)

** DF

Anonymous said...

I was too angry about Laverne leaving to be sad about it!! The show definitely won't be the same without her. R.I.P. Laverne