Thursday, November 15, 2007

Dr. Cox Has Feelings Too

No man is an island, right? Well, someone forgot to impart that wisdom onto Dr. Perry Cox. See, he spent most of tonight's episode fighting the notion that he no longer enjoys being alone. His wife and kids were visiting her family (he couldn't go because of a nasty Christmas memory that resulted in a restraining order), and he couldn't even enjoy his day off because he missed them too much. It made for plenty of laughs, but there was also Carla's dream, Dr. Cox's "wave" of excitement over not going to his mother-in-law's for the weekend, Jordan and Perry's fight over who's going to miss who more, JD's Risky Business daydream, "man face," JD's quest to learn everyone's names, and Ted's band doing The Who's "Who Are You." Now, here's a look at this week's best, funniest and all around awesome lines in this edition of the Scrubies.

The Scrubies
"Really??!! Did he also tell you to take your trunks off, Turk? Because the last thing a guy wants to see when he's in a splash pool is his best friend's junk heading towards him at 40 mph! Felt like I got pistol whipped." JD recounting a water slide encounter with Turk

"Well done, Dr. John-I-Think-I'm-A-Man-Of-The-People-But-Now-Thanks-To-
The-Janitor-Everyone-Knows-I'm-A-Freud-And-I-Have-Egg-On-My-Face-Dorian." Janitor to JD

"Perfect. Pretend you hate the nickname so it will stick." JD (narration) about his new nickname

"Oh my God! Is this what heaven's like?" JD (narration) after putting his arm around Dr. Cox


And now a reader-submitted Scrubie from last week:
Suekola44 loved Dr. Cox's announcement that Eliot's was Mattel's newest toy - "Hypocrite Barbie"

If you have a line that you would like to nominate for a Scrubie, be sure to leave me a comment and I'll publish it in a future edition.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That waterslide comment was hysterical!! I am so going to miss Scrubs when it ends this season!