Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Allison Goes For a Ride

I'm not psychic, but I'm pretty sure if I had a dream where my car exploded right when I turned the key -- I wouldn't be starting up my car any time soon. So, I completely understand why Allison saw it necessary to grab her kids and stand across the street when Joe insisted on starting it up. Of course, I'm also pretty sure that I wouldn't allow my husband to turn the key until I had a certified mechanic check things out. But Allison's car didn't explode because it was dead. Don't you just hate opposite dreams??!! I mean, I'd rather the opposite be the better outcome, but there's no need to get all worked up when it's only a fried electric system. All of this led to Joe buying Allison a used-new car that came with something not listed on the Carfax report -- a murder. First, it looked like a carjacking gone terribly wrong, but things soon took a turn for the bizarre (as they often do for Allison). Her car's navigation system had a mind of its own and navigated her to the victim's house where Allison learned that the woman's husband concocted an elaborate system to trigger a gun to shoot and kill his wife. Yikes! Now, I'm going to be totally freaked out about those hanging tennis balls in people's garages and don't even get me started on the navigation system!

Meanwhile, Joe was logging some long hours at work waiting for some news about his patent to come down. Everyone expects Joe to spend long hours when he's trying to launch a business and get his idea marketed, but once again we have an Allison dream throwing a kink in the system. She dreams that Joe gets the good news about the patent from his very attractive partner and then things turn notso-professional between them. When Joe calls her just as he did in her dream, she heads down to his office, but Joe is alone. This must have been another opposite dream, right? Not so much. The next night, things begin to go down just as Allison dreamed, but the episode ends with another dreaded "To Be Continued...!" For the record, I don't think we need to worry because Joe isn't the cheating type. For Allison's sake, let's hope I'm right.

Photos courtesy nbc.com. If you missed last night's outing ("Car Trouble"), check it out for free at Hulu.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That husband took quite a risk rigging that gun up in the garage. The wife could have seen it when they left for the movies. Oh well, another clever Medium.