Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A 'Medium' Sized Dilemma

Imagine if Allison did have someone on "the other side" who could help her out -- now, wouldn't that be intriguing? Of course, this someone would have be from the non-murderous breed (and yes, this does exclude vigilantes like our trigger happy FBI agent and my fave serial killing do-gooder Dexter). Like the aforementioned serial killer/vigilante from another network, our FBI agent in Phoenix was killing the people who got away with killing others. Obviously in principle, we all disagree with the murders. BUT in practice, that becomes a little more gray. If Allison's FBI ghost was right, then he spared more people from the heartache that the first three victims and their families went through (especially the prison nurse and her three children). It's a moral dilemma that I wouldn't want to be in the middle of, which brings up reason number 502 why I'm glad I'm not Allison.

Actually, I'm kinda glad I'm not Joe right now either. There is no way I could justify giving someone the controlling stake in my idea, and yet, how could he not when he's unemployed (and has been for some time) and trying to get financial backing when the pickings are slim? Of course he had to take the offer! It just sucks that his back was up against a wall and he might have just compromised his own invention. Bummer. Before I sign off on this episode, I'd like to once again commend the Medium writers for their extremely accurate portrayal of the DuBois children. I come from a family of three girls, and let me tell you, that breakfast table scene was ripped from my childhood! These scenes always give me a laugh.

Photos courtesy nbc.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I felt the similarity between that FBI profiler and our lovable Dexter as well. I agree with you on all counts with regards to Joe. That really did suck. As for the breakfast table scene, that really did hit home and bring back some memories.