Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Ullman's 'State': Best Bits

By LillyKat
PTR Senior Staff Writer


"I like it. Simple. Easy to remember."

- Captain Jack Sparrow,
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

One of the best parts about watching Tracey Ullman's State of the Union is the fact it is simple and easy to remember. It's also too funny not to make mention of Ullman's comic genius this week:

- The mother of all bloggers, Arianna Huffington, accepting her "Bloggie." Go blog yourself.

- David Beckham: Ullman has got to do a shaved-head version (since Becks doesn't have any hair at the moment). The accent, though, is priceless. BTW, have you all ever heard David Beckham speak? I'm a football fan (that would be soccer to ... well, the U.S.), so I'm unfortunately way too familiar with Becks and his aura. I'm not swayed. I don't fall all over him. I could care less what his wife (Posh Spice) is doing or not doing. Nonetheless, it's hard not to laugh when he talks. Mike Tyson anyone?

- Bollywood Pharmacist: The ED number this week ... Oh. My. God. Crying. Truly, I was crying I was laughing so hard. I missed the next sketch because I couldn't not recover from this one.

- Renée Zellweger: Ah, so there really is a condition to explain the whole squint eye thing? (Disclaimer: I actually like Renée Zellweger; she wowed me in Chicago and Cold Mountain, and I've have never forgotten her. But who knew Ullman could nail the squint thing so perfectly, or turn it into a sketch. Then again, this is Tracey Ullman we're talking about.)

New episodes of Tracey Ullman's State of the Union air Sundays at 10 p.m. on Showtime. Even if you don't get Showtime, you can catch up on all the goods over at the show's official Web site.

No comments: