Friday, April 11, 2008

'Scrubs' is On Fire

Is it just me, or does it feel like an eternity has passed since we last saw an episode of Scrubs??!! I was wracking my brain last night trying to remember one episode from this season, but kept coming up empty. It's just been soooo long! Needless to say, I was very happy to have it back. As usual, there was plenty of funny goodness to make us laugh and welcome back a show that was HUGELY missed. We had Turk and JD giving a celebratory "upstairs" and then "downstairs" (which they both decided was too weird), a water balloon game with the interns that mimicked a popular video game, JD struggling with not saying the word "hot" to a burn victim, Amigoville, Eliot's high school graduation speech, Brinner: breakfast for dinner, JD and the burn victim's original song "I'm Going to Graduation (The Graduation Song)," Dr. Kelso and the cake, Lloyd the ambulance driver, and Janitor giving relationship advice. It all added up to another terrific hour. And now, the long-awaited return of this week's best, funniest and all around awesome lines in this edition of the Scrubies.

The Scrubies
"Thank goodness! When you said that, I died a little inside." JD to Turk after Turk jokingly declared that they were getting too old to get excited about sex

"I've got an overweight patient back there who's already had his stomach stapled and is now taking diet medication that gives you painful diarrhea whenever you eat more than 15 grams of fat at one sitting. Anyone want to guess what he's in the hospital for? I'll give you a hint -- it's very painful and it rhymes with 'shmiarrhea.'" Dr. Cox to his colleagues

"Perry, how many times do I have to say it? We're tired of your speeches. If you don't stop, I'll have to hire an orchestra to play that awards show music they use to hustle long-winded Hollywood fruitcakes off the stage." Dr. Kelso to Dr. Cox after another one of his long (yet funny) speeches

"You look absolutely amazing! But, it's kinda hard to beat brinner." Turk to Carla after she reveals what she's wearing under her bathrobe

If you have a line that you would like to nominate for a Scrubie, be sure to leave me a comment and I'll publish it in a future edition.

No comments: