Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Allison Has the Cure

Most of the time, I consider Allison's gift to be more curse than blessing. But when Scanlon asked her to shut her eyes because he was about to get out of bed and he wasn't wearing any clothes, I was definitely leaning more towards blessing. Of course, if I were actually in Allison's shoes then I probably wouldn't feel the same considering her dreams were causing her to pry into her friends' bedroom. Talk about an awkward morning after! I imagine it's one thing to have visions about complete strangers and another to have them about people you know. It's made more difficult when those friends aren't completely onboard with what you're seeing. Ever since the whole Allison's- role- in- the- DA's- office- got- Devalos- fired thing, Scanlon has been less receptive to her dreams and much slower to act on them. This is disappointing for me because it basically means less Det. Hottie and when we do see him, he tends to be at odds with Allison. So, I was thrilled to see Allison call him on it this week. And, he did come around at the end after she realized that the husband and the other victims' family members plotted the murders before boarding the same flight at New York's JFK airport. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that we get an Allison/Scanlon/Devalos reunion asap.

Once it was revealed that other family members were involved in the string of pain medication poisonings, the story started to sound a little familiar. You see, one of the side effects of the 3-month writers strike was that I spent a lot of my free primetime hours watching my TV on DVD sets. These sets included the first two seasons of Bones, and one of the episodes from one of the seasons included a potential serial killer that wound up being a group of victims' family members who created a scheme where each of them killed another person's loved one for them. The crimes were similar because they were linked through this "murder club." We had a comparable case on this week's Medium. And yet, I still didn't have it figured out until Allison dreamed about the initial meeting at JFK. What's that expression again... fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Oh, who am I kidding? I'm always in fooled on Medium! That's what makes it so great. Well that and Joe's kickass scene at the optician's office.

Photos courtesy nbc.com. If you missed last night's outing ("A Cure for What Ails You"), check it out for free at Hulu.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really frustrates me that this show doesn't get any of the accolades it is so deserving of. I think it is one of the most clever shows on tv. Week after weeek it delivers. By the way, have you noticed how long Allison's hair has gotten?

TVFan said...

I have noticed her hair. I think it looks great!

And this is yet another underrated show.