Tuesday, March 03, 2009

'Chuck' Can't Take the Heat

Everybody talks. This is very bad news for Chuck. Of course, in the short run, it's kinda very good news because it means Chuck and Sarah can't break up. Oh yeah, and they have to move in together. Good for Chuck, bad for Morgan. See, Morgan has been waiting his entire life to hear Chuck say that he wants to move in together. He finally heard those sweet words this week, but thanks to a missing MI6 agent, they're about to become nothing more than an empty promise. Chuck can't move in with Morgan because he has to move in with Sarah due to his life now being in danger. Apparently, it doesn't matter how strong the MI6 agent is, because in the end, everyone talks. Problem is, Chuck can't explain this to Morgan, so he's going to be crushed when he finds out that he and Chuck can't be roomies. Poor Morgan.

I would feel more sorry for Morgan if Chuck's identity wasn't suddenly on the verge of being revealed. MI6 isn't going to give it up easily, but having seen Fulcrum's interrogation tactics, I think it's pretty much a guarantee that he's going to give it up eventually. Speaking of MI6, I'm having an inner conflict about him. I like him. He looks like Hugh Jackman playing James Bond, and being a fan of both, I'm totally digging him on the show. Except, I'm also totally counting the minutes until he leaves. I told you that I like him -- I even like him with Sarah (gasp!). But I don't like him coming between Sarah and Chuck. So on the one hand, I like the character, but on the other, I want him gone. At the end of the episode, I was simultaneously happy and sad when it looked like he was a goner. I can't take this inner turmoil! MI6 needs to find another spy chick to try his lines on before Chuck either drinks himself into a stupor or keels over from the anxiety of seeing his not so secret love with another. I guess we'll have to tune in next week to find out which happens first.

If you missed this week's episode ("Chuck Versus the Beefcake"), you can watch it for free at Hulu.com.

No comments: