Thursday, March 12, 2009

Garret Dillahunt Takes a 'Left' Turn

Actor Garret Dillahunt of FOX's 'Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles'By LillyKat
PTR Senior Staff Writer


I know this is a television blog.

BUT ... we like to show our support for our PTR faves.

Since we recently inducted Garret Dillahunt into our PTR Fave Hall of Fame, we'd like to remind everyone that Last House on the Left hits theaters Friday (yes, that would be Friday the 13th).

Now, if you're not a horror film fan, this is NOT for you. Consider yourself warned. We recall this is a remake of the Wes Craven classic, which disturbed plenty of people in 1972.

However, since I am a horror fangirl, I've got an interest in seeing how this plays out. I have confidence from what I've seen of the trailer, and we recall what Garret told us when we spoke with him last Fall about his experience on the film, whether he considers himself a genre fan and the skepticism that usually accompanies remakes from the die-hards who stay loyal to the original:

Actor Garret Dillahunt as Krug in 'Last House on the Left'Says Garret: “I’m not a hardcore fan – I know they’re out there, and they’re much more knowledgeable than I am about it. But, I am a fan. I enjoy going to [see horror films] - being scared, being surprised. I thought as far as remakes go, this wasn't the worst candidate only because it’s not something like 'The Wizard of Oz', where everyone knows it and loves it. This one is known and loved by certain people, yet there are others who have never heard of the original. So, I thought, well … [original director] Wes [Craven] is producing it himself, so there’s obviously things he wanted to do differently, or get another crack at. He chose a director very carefully, who has a real sensitive bullsh*t meter, and I trusted him immensely. And, we all worked so hard on it. It was a great group of actors that all had that thing that I was talking about before – where we all wanted to tell the same story the best that we could. There was no battle of egos on set, or one-upsmanship. So, I’m actually quite proud of the movie, and I think we’re very respectful of the original.”

The Last House on the Left opens in theaters this Friday, March 13th. You can view the trailer here - but remember, you've been warned.

No comments: