Friday, December 08, 2006

And Baby Makes Funny on 'Scrubs'

It's week two of Scrubs' glorious return and I'm beginning to wonder how I ever got through my weeks without this show. I LOVE every single character, and I missed them dearly. Last night, we finally got the much-anticipated birth of Turk and Carla's baby Isabelle (remember, you guys named the little tyke). We also got Jack's "Fatty Dance" (and further proof that the kid is a chip off the old block), JD hitting on his theoretical adoptive daughter, Carla's delivery referred to as "Operation Brown Cub," a marching band to celebrate the arrival, a golden retriever who fetches bags, "blerd" (black nerd), a talking Jesus statue, Jordan's un-silent treatment, Justin the unicorn and Turk's cold hand. There were so many zany antics and funny lines that I spent most of the half hour cracking up. Here's a look at last night's best, funniest and all around awesome lines in this week's edition of the Scrubies.

The Scrubies
"You know what? Make it 22 fries." JD ordering at the drive thru after band member Miguel wouldn't stop playing the drums.
"22 fries. You didn't think I'd do it, did you?" JD to Miguel after he ordered fries for everyone except him

"Gin is an alcoholic beverage which, if your mommy's strong genes are any indication, you'll eventually learn to love as it slowly destroys a giant portion of your adult life." Dr. Cox to his son Jack

"Greatest. Show. EVER!!" The Todd after seeing Carla's live streaming video image of her impending birth

"Oh, this is way over Justin's head. He's never been in love. Not real love anyway." JD to Turk regarding his stuffed animal unicorn who helps him make decisions

"I want you to imagine that your uterus is like a tube of toothpaste and you're just trying to squeeze out all that minty fresh gel. But instead of minty fresh gel, there's a little black baby." Elliot to Carla in the delivery room

We have a reader-submitted quote from last week's season premiere. Thanks to liz for nominating this quote:

"I punched a whale. Right in the face."

That's this week's edition of the Scrubies. If you have a line that you would like to nominate for a Scrubie, drop me a comment and I'll publish it in a future edition. As always, if you would like to discuss last night's Scrubs episode, leave me a comment with your thoughts.

I don't have a lot of time, but I want to mention that last night's My Name is Earl was brilliant!! Joy on nice pills and Earl trying to get on the plane were some of the funniest scenes that I have ever seen on television. Genius! Between Earl and Scrubs, I don't think there's a funnier hour on television right now.


Get even more of your TV fix at PassTheRemote.net! A comprehensive television site with news, reviews, photos and much more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Srubs just leaves you begging for more and wishing next Thursday would hurry up and get here!