Monday, February 19, 2007

'Race' Kicks Off Another Season

So, I was pretty psyched about this All-Star edition of The Amazing Race last night. That excitement dissipated when Rob and Amber first appeared and easily out-did themselves on the annoyance scale. So, congrats to them on that crowning achievement. And if having them on the show wasn't annoying enough, they had to go and win the first leg and a trip to a ski resort and spa (or spaaar if you're Phil -- which furthers my theory that the producers put these resort and spa prizes in just to hear him say it). You know what, though? I would have been OK with all of this -- annoyed, but OK -- but then my favorite team of all-time gets eliminated first! Nooooooooooo JonVito and Jill!! I was crushed the first time you came in last, totally bummed to learn that you're not still together, and then devastated when your exploration into whether you should try to be more than friends again (you sooo should) was abruptly cut short by some bad directions and a South entrance. For the love of Phil, why couldn't this happen to Rob and Amber??!! Why??!! You just know they'll make it to the final three, and by that time, my annoyance will grow into complete hatred. It's bad enough when you're the most despised team in the group, but when that group includes the deplorable Team Guido (who, call me crazy, I rather enjoyed last night), you're really bad! Here's PTR's quick rundown of all of the all-star teams and their first leg of the Race.

Kevin/Drew - So glad I rented TAR Season 1 over the summer because I'm not sure that this team is going to stick around for too long, and they're a hoot. Loved how one called the other out on calling Ecuador, Peru.

Oswald/Danny - New to me, but I like this team.

JobVito/Jill - Sob, sob.

Uchenna/Joyce - I'm not sure how I feel about a team that has previously won, running the race again.

David/Mary - There aren't enough words to express my happiness over their return.

Charla/Mirna - I could have done without seeing them again.

Rob/Amber - Ugh!

Teri/Ian - Glad to have them back.

Eric/Danielle - A match made in reality TV heaven.

Team Guido - Surprisingly flying under the radar so far, but that could change on a dime. I'm keeping my eye on them. I mean, they landed in fifth and seemed happy about it. Who is this team, and what did they do with the real Team Guido??

Dustin/Candace - Is it wrong that I'm glad these two are back? I can't even begin to understand my love/hate relationship with this team.

As with everything on the Race, the results came down to a mixture of luck and skill. Unfortunately for my fave team ever, luck wasn't on their side. Were you as bummed to see JonVito/Jill go home? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. The pictures in this edition are courtesy of cbs.com.


Get even more of your TV fix at PassTheRemote.net! A comprehensive television site with news, reviews, photos and much more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First of all, all is right with the world again now that TAR is back on!!
I agree with most of your assessments on the teams. However, I do enjoy Rob and Amber. They are so full of themselves, but have good reason to be. Everyone does have beating them as their no. one priority. Rob's comments are hilarious!
Like you, I was really bummed to see Jill and JonVito go first. It was just a bad luck situation that could have happened to any team except Rob and Amber 'cause they don't seem to have anything but good luck.
All and all TAR is off to an exciting season!