Tuesday, April 21, 2009

'Chuck' Lives to Die Another Day

Is it completely selfish that I felt a huge lump in my throat when Chuck became free of the Intersect? And why did this episode feel like the beginning of the end for this series? The entire final 10 minutes or so really felt like "dead show walking" and it kinda bummed. Of course, it is entirely possible that Chuck only thinks that he is free of the Intersect. Plus, we have one badass wedding crasher on his way to Ellie and Awesome's wedding ceremony in next week's season finale. If this season ends in a cliffhanger and NBC fails to renew the show (which seems likely since the net is losing an hour of primetime every night next season due to its new primetime Leno show), I'm going to scream! I have no patience for lack of closure. Let's keep our fingers crossed and our chins up and hope that this fun little show will be back to spy another day.

Anyway, I'd be lying if I said I didn't LOVE Sarah's new-found open feelings for Chuck. I never thought that she'd give in while they were still working together. I guess, technically, they were on a personal assignment being AWOL and all, but Chuck (at that point and possibly still) had the Intersect, so I'm counting it as working together. I'm not sure where they're going to go from here seeing how things are very complicated between them, especially since Sarah will be getting a new assignment. If I had it my way, they'd buy a nice place on the beach together and spend their days listening to the ocean waves, taking in the breeze, and watching the sun set over the ocean. BUT, I'm not holding my breath. And speaking of moving to the beach, did we just see the last of Morgan and Anna??!! Don't get me wrong, I was happy that Morgan stood up for himself and decided to follow his dream (to be a chef at Benihana), but I'm going to miss the little guy. With him gone, the shenanigans at the Buy More won't be as fun.

Be sure to tune in next Monday, April 27th on NBC for the season finale! If you missed this week's episode ("Chuck Versus the Colonel"), you can watch it for free at Hulu.com.

No comments: