Friday, May 22, 2009

Pausing for 'Catch'

Discovery Channel's 'Deadliest Catch'By LillyKat
PTR Senior Staff Writer


So, was it just me, or did this week's episode of Deadliest Catch seem ... slow? drawn out? Like, this was really "Part 1" of the end of the King Crab Season but really wasn't being billed as such?

Last week's promo totally fooled me into thinking THIS week would be the end of the first part of the season. And even though me loves my Catch Crew, the ep felt a little repetitive at times - kinda like we were all waiting for everybody else to catch (no pun intended) up to the Time Bandit, which is now happily back in Dutch Harbor. Quota completed. Cash in the bank. Scene.

That said, I feel I have to postpone my write-up because ... well, there wasn't a whole heck of a lot going on that differed from last week.

Considerably less anger, though. Always a good thing.

But do the crab counts at the end of the eps suggest the Cornelia Marie has so much crab when all we see is poor ol' Murray stressing about pulling up empty pot after empty pot?

I know it's all about the editing, but still ... I'm confused.

New episodes of Deadliest Catch air Tuesdays at 9 p.m. on Discovery Channel. Visit the official Deadliest Catch Web site for the latest on the captains and crews of the Northwestern, Cornelia Marie, Time Bandit, Wizard, Early Dawn and North American and the new boat, Lisa Marie. You can also catch up with Deadliests Catch folks on Twitter: fvnw_erin / CaptPhilHarris / northwesternpat / NorthwesternPR / captjohnathan / northwesternsig / DeadliestCatch (which is actually the Cornelia Marie) / DiscoveryChPR.

No comments: