Monday, May 18, 2009

Rita is Rockin' It in the Fall

By LillyKat
PTR Senior Staff Writer


File this under: Listening to own advice.

And: PTR's own version of an upfront announcement.

With all this talk of network upfronts, we recall back in February, I wrote about wanting to bring Lifetime's Rita Rocks to PTR.

It had been one of those "other" shows waiting patiently in line to get a prime spot on my DVR schedule (just like Army Wives).

I even felt bad I wasn't showing my girl Nicole Sullivan much love by leaving her OUT of my schedule given ... well, I was too busy trying to: a) see if John Conner could save mankind; b) playing Pirates of the Caribbean with Philip Winchester; c) determining what in the world a human doll was and why there was a need for a whole house of them; and, d) negotiating a chopped up "summer" and "spring" schedule viewing of Brenda Leigh Johnson and Grace Hanadarko.

What can I say, I'm only one writer.

BUT ... it's official: Rita Rocks WILL be on our slate next fall.

Nicole Sullivan Stars in Lifetime's 'Rita Rocks'This also leads me to giving a shoutout to Nicole, who I had the pleasure of meeting this past weekend at the 8th Annual Nuts for Mutts dog competition show, presented by New Leash on Life. Nicole - a passionate dog lover in her own right but of whom is currently several months pregnant - dutifully endured sweltering heat at Pierce College in Woodland Hills (the Los Angeles valley) to return as emcee of the show. Those of us in the Love Da Pawz booth had a ringside seat - literally - and were thoroughly entertained.

Seriously, folks.

The sun was unforgiving.

I have the sunburn to prove it.

In getting the chance to speak with Nicole after the show, we're planning for a QA in the fall in support of Rita's second season seeing as when I explained my "other" job as a writer for PTR, she said "Oh! I've heard of you guys! Somebody told me about you!"

Aww, thanks Nicole - rock on!

Rita Rocks will return to Lifetime this coming fall. Watch this space for season premiere dates. In the mean time, head on over to the show's official site for the scoop on the series.

No comments: