Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Claire Finds Mommy Dearest

It's too bad that two of the biggest shockers on last night's episode of Heroes were ruined by guest star news published all over the net and your local newsstand. As soon as I saw George Takei's name in the opening credits, I remembered that he was playing Hiro's father. It was obvious early on that the "boss man" was going to be Takei. Similarly, I knew that Claire's mother didn't die because I read that the role had been cast and I saw Claire calling her in the previews. Otherwise, both twists would have taken me by surprise. Regardless, there were some interesting developments last night. It seems that Claire's real mom is a real fire-starter and Hiro's father is quite powerful. We met them both in the closing moments, so we'll have to wait for future episodes to uncover more about their characters. Meanwhile, Silar decided to surprise us all (and HRG) with one last hurrah. I really thought that he was done until we saw him catching the doctor off guard. HRG is in for quite the fight now -- for his daughter's life!

My favorite story of the moment belongs to Peter and The Invisible Man. Of course, Peter becomes invisible in his presence as well, but Invisible serves an even more important role: He is the only one who stands a chance of stopping Peter by teaching him how to control his ability to absorb others' powers. From the looks of things, he can't come in contact with Nuclear Man until he does. And in my endless quest to decide which power I would want for myself (invisibility is the current fave for those playing along at home), Micah's ATM talent enters the fray. Boy, did that come in handy! DL showed us a little more of his power when he walked through walls for Niki, but unfortunately, he isn't able to transfer it to her so she can get out as well. Then again, I'm not so sure that's a bad thing! Jessica scares the bejeebus out of me!

If you missed tonight's episode, you can watch it for free at nbc.com. All of the photos in this edition are courtesy of nbc.com.


Get even more of your TV fix at PassTheRemote.net! A comprehensive television site with news, reviews, photos and much more!

No comments: