Monday, September 25, 2006

Desperate Housewives...how desperate is it?

photo courtesy of ABC


Hello Pass The Remote readers! As you may know, this is my first post here at Pass The Remote (I’ll just say PTR from now on). My name is Turtlemama, I’ll be giving recaps on Desperate Housewives, Gilmore Girls and possibly you’ll see my name in some of the Lost posts. I’m a huge TV addict and have an extensive TiVo lineup. You can read more about my watching habits over at my TV blog; http://tvturtle.wordpress.com/ But for now, let’s get on with the reason you’re reading this blog!

It’s that time of year again; Time to begin our walk down Wisteria Lane. We left off last season with Lynette learning that her husband has another child & learning how to cope with a new child in the picture and the girl’s crazy mother. Gabrielle is expecting again and shocker of shockers, the mysterious dentist, Orson, ran down Mike! This premiere was highly anticipated by this addict, was it all for nothing? Or did the premiere deliver?

Housewives lived up to my anticipation. Bree’s engagement was a little out of left field, but seeing Orson’s torrid past made it all so clear. Yet I kept thinking “Sure he killed his previous wife, but she wasn’t as OCD as he was and Bree, well hey, Bree is in a class by herself when it comes to OCD…They’d be great together!” Yeah, yeah…no one should marry a murderer, but then again this is Wisteria Lane….what more would you expect!?
I’m a little sad that Mike is in a coma and I’m hoping that they don’t kill him off, but I could see it happening if the writers decide to just drop the whole Zach/Mike storyline now that Paul’s in jail. Hopefully Susan can get into a decent relationship, but again…on ‘Housewives’ decent isn’t even in their vocabulary!

Lynnette….Sweet, sweet Lynnette, if I could be half the woman Lynnette is, I’d be a happy, happy girl! Poor Lynnette; dealing with the crazy loon that is her husband’s love child’s momma, I’d have hit the woman, but that’s just me. I’m so glad that Lynnette finally made Tom choose between her or the crazy loon & the girl. But honestly, I’m ready to see her back at work and playing corporate superwoman, she’s my hero!
I am curious what they’re going to do with the Gabby/Carlos/Baby thing. If you remember Gabby didn’t want a baby, then got pregnant, miscarried and now has a surrogate in the form of her Chinese housekeeper…who is taking full advantage of the bed rest she’s been ordered to by having Gabby wait on her hand and foot. Which led to a confrontation and then Gabby ‘lost the baby’ as Carlos put it, when the housekeeper went MIA (in the closet of the Young house, which is now for sale).

We ended with Gabby still waiting on the housekeeper, Bree thinking about the information that Orson’s previous neighbor dropped on her at their engagement party, in front of the whole neighborhood nonetheless! Susan was missing Mike & Lynnette was still adjusting to the new woman in Tom’s life.

All in all it was a good premiere, just enough to keep me coming back for more. I’m sure that season three will be just as good as the past ones, although I’ve started noticing a trend among the storylines, each character has the same storyline over and over….that’s going to get old, but I hold out hope that Marc Cherry will deliver and we’ll be saved from Desperate Housewives getting too desperate.
It’s funny, there were so many changes from seasons past that I kind of just want the old housewives back, where they deal with their kids and try to keep their dirty little secrets hidden. I’m almost sad that they’ve become so honest with one another.

Next week’s episode looks pretty interesting, as usual most seasons don’t really get going until around November sweeps, so I’ll keep watching and writing!

2 comments:

TVFan said...

I agree that DH had a good start last night. I found myself laughing out loud at a lot of different scenes (something that rarely happened for me last season). The mother of Tom's "love child" is HILARIOUS! I love the way she and Lynette play off of each other. Funny stuff.

Great first review!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your first review. I also agree that DH had a good premier. I found myself wondering if Andrew will be returning. I hope so. He is a wealth of material if you ask me!