Thursday, September 21, 2006

A Serial Killer Who Really Rattles 'Bones'

I don't care how cliched, tried and true, overdone, etc., etc, they are because I love when my favorite crime dramas have serial killer episodes. Maybe it's because I'm much more of a psychological crime drama fan (whydunnit versus whodunit) and serial killers are deeply psychological, or maybe it's the extra sense of urgency since we know the killer will strike again. Whatever the reason, I'm a sucker for these outings. Last night's episode of Bones was no exception. Warning: the following contains spoilers for last night's episode; so if you haven't watched it yet, stay clear. Like Bones, it drove me absolutely crazy that this guy was able to manipulate the authorities, even while he was in prison. I know that these sickos get off on toying with the police and getting under their skin, so it bugged that Epps was able to rattle Bones. Oh and remember last week when I said that I watch too many crime shows and therefore, rarely get surprised when the killer is revealed? Well, put this one down in the surprise column because I didn't see the owner of the bone-thief dog coming at all. He was out of sight, out of mind five seconds after that opening scene ended. The ending bit had shades of Cold Case running through it as the serial killer manipulated Bones into killing someone just so she could see what it was like. The same happened to Lilly Rush when she faced serial killer George Marks. Let's talk about the previews for next week for a minute. I know it looks like Bones and Booth sleep together, but I'm sure it's not Bones in his bed. There's just no way this show would make the same mistake as The X-Files. Right?


Get even more of your TV fix at PassTheRemote.net! A comprehensive television site with news, reviews, photos and much more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I missed the Bones preview for next week 'cause I switched over to ABC for the Dancing With The Stars results. Sounds interesting! I've come to the conclusion that DWTS is just a big popularity contest. The least known stars are the ones who go.