Saturday, March 17, 2007

Dr. Kelso Searches for the 'Scrubs' Thief

Networks and their local affiliates do stupid things from time to time that make us want throw our remotes at our screens. But, when these networks and/or local affiliates do something stupid during one of our favorite shows, well, that's a whole new level of frustration. My local NBC (which, I should point out, is owned by NBC and not a local affiliate company!!!), ran a commercial break in the middle of a scene during this week's episode of Scrubs!!! When the impromptu break came back, we were in the middle of an entirely different scene. There are no words. So, please excuse this entry if it misses a few funny moments or awesome lines, fore my local NBC knows not what is does (literally). Despite the technical snafu, I did manage to catch several funny moments that kept me laughing through my frustration. Moments such as Dr. Kelso's group massage session, an ad for Baby Lo-Jack that included the note "For white babies," Janitor's threat, Ted's accident after almost "hitting" Rowdy, Dr. Cox's nothing changes speech and JD's hug that proved it, JD's caveman narration complete with the sad music, "scrubs so hideous that no one would steal them," voiceovers that tie everything together, JD's pointless and generic voiceover after Eliot complains about them on Grey's Anatomy, Rowdy going missing and JD thinking that he's going to be sick, and an exuberant dance after the staff gets their old scrubs back. Yes, it was a cornucopia of funny moments this week. And now, a look at the best, funniest and all around awesome lines in this week's edition of the Scrubies.

The Scrubies
"Oh, you think you're funny?" Eliot to Dr. Cox
"I do. I always have ever since I was little. It's one of the reasons that I'm a winner." Dr. Cox

"Last time I was home, I asked how Ramon was doing. Vice president of Mott's Applesauce. It's true. Ramon Delgado. Look him up on the Internet." Eliot during her speech about how people can change
"I will." Dr. Cox
"Don't. I made it up. The point is, people can change and you know it." Eliot

"Nothing ever changes. The Artist Formerly Known as Prince is still just Prince, my ex-wife is still pretty much my wife, 'Grey's Anatomy' always wraps up every episode with some cheesy voiceover that ties together all of the story lines, which incidentally is my least favorite device on television, Newbie continually will try to violate my no touching policy, and Republicans will forever try to raise [JD interrupts his speech with a "sneak hug"]... Of course, I would go kill him right now, but he actually just helped to prove my point." Dr. Cox to Eliot after she insists that people change

"You brought this on yourselves you thieving bastards!" Dr. Kelso to his staff after someone steals scrubs and he makes everyone wear ugly gray ones

That's this week's edition of the Scrubies. If you have a line that you would like to nominate for a Scrubie, drop me a comment and I'll publish it in a future edition. As always, if you would like to discuss this week's Scrubs episode, leave me a comment with your thoughts. If you missed this hilarious outing, check it out on iTunes.


Get even more of your TV fix at PassTheRemote.net! A comprehensive television site with news, reviews, photos and much more!

No comments: