Monday, March 19, 2007

The Teams Smell a Rat

Here's this week's "live" thoughts on The Amazing Race.

So, all of the teams are singing and dancing "Ding Dong the witches are dead" because Rob and Amber are gone. Ok, that's an exaggeration, but they're all very excited.

Apparently, some of the teams have been "playing it safe" in order to not be perceived as a threat. If that makes you feel better about the fact that you've been sucking it up, then go ahead and preach it guys.

File this scene under "TMI" because I'm now disturbingly aware of Team Guido's underwear choices. For those who missed it, they're wearing thongs (hey, if I had to find out, so do you!).

Wow, most confusing airport explanation ever! Apparently, teams have to book tickets at a travel agent, but outgoing flights are very limited. So, TAR booked every team on the last departure in case they aren't able to find an earlier flight out through the travel agent. Bottom line, you snooze, you lose (or in this case, you fail to read your avalanche beckon locating machine properly, you end up on the last flight out of dodge)!

If Danielle wins this thing, she needs to do herself and the rest of the world a favor and buy an atlas and take a world geography class (and pass it!) because my eyes are getting tired from rolling every time the teams are dispatched to a different country and she has no idea if it's a city, state, country, continent, ocean or brand of hairspray!

I smell a rat! And it's not just Team Guido's blown out of proportion fight with Eric. Nope, this Roadblock requires one team member to use a rat as his/her guide to find the next clue. Question, why do the team members have protective armor on, but the poor rat who's about to put his face into a landmine gets nothing but a lousy harness and collar??

I disagree Charla, this is the perfect time for your rat to clean himself. If the landmine takes him out, he wants to go down looking good.

Why would you turn left when the sign says that Maputo is straight? Am I crazy?? Apparently not since Charla/Mirna just found it by going straight while the other teams remain lost in Not-Maputo. And now, Charla/Mirna just finished in first frickin' place. All because the other teams can't read a damn sign!

Wow that coal Detour was definitely the wrong decision! On top of ruining your manicure Team Guido-style, it takes a million times longer than the other one. The beauty queens just finished Pamper and landed in second place while Guido (who was first to arrive at the Detour) is still filling bags.

Did Phil just hit on the beauty queens? I think he did! I like Flirty Phil.

OMG!!!! Oswald and Danny are chasing Phil! I swear on my favorite teams that I'm not making this up. They're covered in coal and threatening to hug him. I'm pretty sure that this is the stuff that Phil's nightmares are made of. The only thing that could make this situation worse would be if he were wearing one of his prized turtlenecks. You don't dirty the turtleneck!

I like Uchenna and Joyce, but I was perfectly fine with them being eliminated. After all, they won before, so I'm sorta rooting against them to lose this time. But, they had the fortunate experience of coming in last on this edition's first non-elimination round. That makes them "marked for elimination" next week.

Were you worried that Uchenna/Joyce would go home? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. The pictures in this edition are courtesy of cbs.com.


Get even more of your TV fix at PassTheRemote.net! A comprehensive television site with news, reviews, photos and much more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Something just told me this was a non-elimination leg of the race. So I wasn't surprised about Uchenna and Joyce. By the way, when I had all that trouble getting home last week fron Tampa, I found myself calling part of the trip a leg of the race! I think I've got TAR fever!!