Tuesday, November 25, 2008

'Chuck' to the Rescue

If the Emmys had a category for Most Awesome-ness Show on Television, then Chuck would win it. Hands down. It's just one of those cool shows that manages to make me laugh, feel conflicted, get emotional, stand up & cheer and inch closer and closer to the edge of my seat as the hour unfolds. And it does all of this while engaging the total spy geek in me (I started watching the Bond films as a kid, was totally into Charlie's Angels reruns as a child and will pretty much get suckered into every spy film that hits the big screen). In fact, Chuck is my favorite spy satire/genuine spy thriller ever. It really is THAT good. This week's cross/double cross/ cross/double cross drama between Chuck and Jill was nothing short of brilliant. I never knew whether to trust Jill (although, I leaned towards "don't" for most of the episode -- I just didn't see how big of a betrayal was coming), and I was waiting for Chuck to pull a few tricks out of his sleeve. It was quite poetic at the end when he got the last cross and Jill found herself cuffed to the Herder with all of the windows and doors under Chuck's control. The only problem is, this story line was so well done that I'm actually going to miss Jill and her special breed of double cross.

One of my favorite things about this show is its side stories. Pretty much anything at the Buy More will entertainment me. This is where the show's comedic back bone resides. I actually can't go to Best Buy anymore without laughing. I'm dead serious. I see the "Geek Squad" cars, the store's layout, the "Geek Squad" desk and I lose it. Every. Freakin. Time!! This show has turned Best Buy into a huge punch line for me. Sometimes, just driving by is enough to leave me in hysterics. And now we have this whole "Buymoria" concept that was introduced last week. I think I need a support group.

If you missed this week's episode ("Chuck Versus the Gravitron"), you can watch it for free at Hulu.com.

No comments: