Monday, November 24, 2008

'Dexter's' DOH! Moment

By LillyKat
PTR Senior Staff Writer


So there it is.

The big reveal.

The OMFG moment for the third season of Dexter.

Miguel Prado is a scum o' the earth slime ball who has set-up and used Dex to start doing his own version of vigilante justice.

Problem is, if I hadn't seen this coming from ... oh, about 400 miles away ... I probably would care a whole lot more. But since I a) have been onto Miguel since about the third episode; and b) gave up caring last week, um ... yeah ... didn't do much for me.

HOWEVER ... let the Dex v. Prado Smackdown begin! Maybe we'll finally see Dexter re-grow a pair and get back to being himself.

AND ... I will say this episode did hold some excitement for me - or, I should I say, finally put Dexter back on his toes and in an uncertain position which, as I've been saying for a while now, is when he's at his best. I also finally got back to wondering what he was going to do next, not predicting it before it happened.

Scene of the Season candidate: the dream sequence with Harry and the corpse of Ellen Wolf as Dex tries to figure out WTF has happened ...? HYSTERICAL!

Can I just say my girl Deb was on once again this week?

One of the things I have continued to enjoy about the Deb character is the fact she does NOT hold her emotions in check - particularly when the situation is as desperate and uncertain as it was this week, when she raced against the clock to save Anton from George King, tree trimmer with a vengeance. Now, it is true that Deb's emotions can get her into trouble, and we've all seen her struggle to mature. But, those emotions are also what makes her human. We here at PTR are not fans of our female homicide detectives doing zombie emotional routines. Deb, lest it be said, has never gone down the zombie trail. When she gets passionate, even if it does get her into hot water, it shows us just how dedicated of a cop she is.

And I dig that.

Like I said, Jennifer Carpenter is single-handedly saving this season for me.

And why I keep watching.

New episodes of Dexter air Sunday at 9 p.m. on Showtime. Check out the official Dexter Web site for the inside scoop on the series.

No comments: