Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Roma Downey Dances With Hallmark Channel

Roma DowneyBy LillyKat
PTR Senior Staff Writer


I finally get to write something new at PTR about a Roma Downey project.

Yay!

If the television blogosphere had existed and/or wee ol' me was bloggin' back during the time when Touched By An Angel was on the air, it would've been a PTR Fave.

Hands down.

As would Roma Downey.

So, I am a bit ... oh, let's just say ridiculously giddy today upon learning that my sentimentally favorite Hallmark Channel has lined up Roma to star in her first Hallmark Channel original movie, Wedding Dance, which will air some time next year (2009).

The film, which will also star John Schneider (of The Dukes of Hazzard fame and also a TBAA guest-star alum) and Brooke Nevin (of former PTR Fave The 4400), is about a young bride-to-be who's father that she never knew shows up alive and well, holding the deed to her family's dance studio that she wishes to sell so that she can pursue her dream of becoming a therapist. When it turns out dad isn't in all that big of a hurry to turn over the deed, or leave town, she turns to her attorney (played by Roma) for help. Production has already begun in Vancouver, Canada.

Roma's kept a low profile since TBAA ended its nine year, 200+ episode run back in April 2003. She's devoted much of her time to family and to her charitable work with Operation Smile, where she is an official spokesperson. I, for one, am thrilled to see her step back in front of the camera given that ... well, I've missed her.

Thank goodness for TBAA re-runs.

And thank you, Hallmark Channel!

Source: Reuters/Hollywood Reporter; Hallmark Channel Press Room

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I presume you'll be angling for an interview LK?


RichE.

LillyKat said...

That would be yes. :o)

No, actually ... I don't know if I'll have that chance or not. But should the opportunity arise to welcome Roma to PTR, I'd certainly love to do so.

(I'm happy to have Kathryn, Garret, Jon, Annabeth, Kenny, Kyra, Holly and Glenn serve as references ... ;o) )

KID-ding.