Monday, November 06, 2006

The 'Race' Makes its Bed

Well, that was one of the most thrilling hours of The Amazing Race yet! I was on the edge of my seat from the moment that it began, and I remained there for the first few minutes of Cold Case right after it ended. I didn't want Kentucky or the Bama Girls to go home, so I knew that I was going to be bummed either way. The one thing that always comforts me when one of my fave teams gets eliminated is the mini interview after where they share how thankful they are for the experience. I loved how Kentucky said that it was "life changing." So, even though they didn't win the million, they sure didn't walk away empty-handed. Here's a rundown of last night's most entertaining moments.

- The Fast Forward. How hilarious was the "Eat Cow Lips" challenge??!! I loved how the editors totally toyed with them too with the cutting from the Models saying that they were going to get to the Pit Stop so early to the other teams quickly completing their tasks and moving right along. How great was it when the Blondes checked in before the Fast Forward teams??! Loved it! Cow lips = so not worth it!

- I like the new Intersection twist. I thought it was interesting to see which teams aligned together. The best match-up was the Blondes and the Cho brothers because of their history, but they worked well together.

- I'm having issues with the Blondes. I'm torn between rooting them on to become the first female team to win TAR and despising them for their ruthlessness. The thing is, this is a race and the objective is to win. The girls run an excellent race, but they're not the most diplomatic team running it. They use teams, talk about them behind their backs, lie, and borderline cheat. And then there was their little car trick last night. I'm all for Girl Power, but these girls are a little difficult to root for. So, why do I secretly do it?? I don't like them, and yet, I want them to do well. Smack me now!

- Kim is growing on me. I always felt like Rob was the difficult one on their team, but Kim was so whiny that I found her hard to like. The way she put mind over matter and downed those cow lips last night won her some points with me. I wouldn't say that I'm rooting for her, but I am starting to like her. The problem with this race is there isn't a team to hate anymore. I spent so much time hating Peter (but not Sarah), that I sort of miss him. I just want someone to root against because it makes the race even more fun.

In the end, Kentucky wasn't able to overcome their 30-minute "Marked for Elimination" time penalty, and they were eliminated. I'll miss Kentucky and their fun comments, awesome spirit and overall kindness. The 6-pack is now a 4-pack. What did you think about last night's episode? Were you said to see Kentucky go? Are you having a hard time hating any of the remaining teams? Leave me a message with your thoughts.


All of the photos in this edition are courtesy of cbs.com.


Get even more of your TV fix at PassTheRemote.net! A comprehensive television site with news, reviews, photos and much more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was definitely a bummer to see Kentucky go. But it was heartwarming to see how much they got out of the whole experience. I feel the same way you do about the beauty queens. They really are running the race well. The best match-up last night was the Cho brothers and the beauty queens. They worked so well together. It was a thrilling show!