Tuesday, October 03, 2006

'Heroes' Soars to Become Season's Best New Series

Now that was the Heroes I was hoping for with the pilot! I am SO GLAD that I decided to give this show another chance. I am now declaring Heroes as the best new show of the season. I know I haven't seen them all, but I've seen enough to know that this one stands high above the rest for so many reasons. If you're not watching it yet, don't worry because there are a couple of ways for you to catch up and I'll give you the details later in this edition. In the meantime, let's talk about last night's stellar hour. There were so many shocking revelations that I'm not sure where to begin, so I think I'll get straight to the most shocking: Hiro's trip to the future! I was completely floored when we found out that everything he saw was going to happen on November 8th. That gives our heroes only 1 month to meet up and prevent that nuclear attack on New York City that both Hiro and the painter saw in the future (we're getting into 4400 territory here, but that's OK because both shows are excellent and different in their own way). And then there's the whole matter of Hiro being in the wrong place at the wrong time and looking like he killed the painter. Interesting, by the way, that both the painter and the murdered husband in California had their skulls sawed off in their murders. The California murder is supposedly part of a serial killer, but we don't know who this serial killer is targeting. Did someone in the murdered family have a hero ability? And if so, is someone going around and killing these heroes?


The other big mystery of the series is what Claire's father has to do with all of the people with special abilities. It seems that he killed Mohinder's father because the taxi driver used a mathematical formula to discover who had abilities and Claire's father wanted the names. He also found out that Claire is one of them after he swiped the videotape. Mohinder's father hid the information on a jump drive in his lizard's aquarium. Did you guys notice that the data on that drive formed the same curvy "f" shape as the one that the painter painted and Hiro saw in the future? What does that shape have to do with the heroes, the nuclear explosion and Claire's evil dad? So many questions, and I am so excited to stay tuned to find out!! If you missed last night's episode of Heroes, you can watch it for free at nbc.com. You can also catch an encore presentation this Friday at 7 p.m. on cable's Sci Fi channel. And, you can download episodes of this awesome new series from iTunes for $1.99 each.


Get even more of your TV fix at PassTheRemote.net! A comprehensive television site with news, reviews, photos and much more!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm going to give Heroes a try after your and Kait's stellar recommendations. Plus Vanished will be gone for a while, so it's a good opportunity to catch it.

Turtlemama said...

Hmmm, you know when I read about the show before it premiered I thought "Gawd how stupid!" But now that I've heard so many good things about it, maybe I'll give it a chance...I'll see what the TiVo has scheduled during that time, like I need more TV! LOL

Scooter McGavin said...

Calling Heroes the best new show is a little premature, I'm still not sold on the show because aside from Hiro, noner of the characters are ll that like able (and lets face it, the show was poorly casted). I have given it a November (I thought it was) 6th deadline before I may jump ship.

As for the curvy "f" I believe that was in the jumper's stick figure drawing too.