Thursday, October 26, 2006

Thursday's News & Notes

So, I know that I haven't been around as much these past few days (there's been drama -- and not just the stuff on my TV), but I'm back up to speed now. And I know I suck because I didn't do a Top Model post today (again, the drama), so I'll just recap my thoughts in two sentences:

1) There's always a "Left Field" elimination. Last night's goodbye to Brooke is this season's. Did they kick her off on the night of her high school graduation on purpose? I mean her picture sort of bit it, but she had been pretty consistent up until that point.

2) Melrose must go! Even though her romance novel photo shoot is the recipient of PTR's Top Photo of the Week:


QUICK CUTS
*NBC is bringing back its popular Thursday night comedy block featuring (wait for it)... SCRUBS!!! TV's best comedy will return to the NBC line-up on Thursday, November 30th to join My Name is Earl, The Office and 30 Rock (which will move to Thursdays at 9:30 beginning November 16th). No word on Twenty Good Years' fate other than it will continue to air episodes the next few weeks. According to Warner Bros. (which produces the show), it is still in production . So, NBC's new Thursday line-up will look like this beginning November 30th:
8 p.m. - MY NAME IS EARL
8:30 - THE OFFICE
9 p.m. - SCRUBS
9:30 - 30 ROCK

Of course, the best news of all is that "The Scrubies" will return to PTR!! You know you have been waiting with bated breath.

*And finally, it's Nielsen Wednesday Thursday! CBS once again claimed the week in total viewers while ABC captured the 18-49 demo. Here's a look at last week's Top 10 shows courtesy of USA Today:
1. Grey's Anatomy (22.1 million viewers)
2. Dancing with the Stars (21.3)
3. CSI (20.5)
4. Desperate Housewives (19.7)
5. Dancing with the Stars (results) (19.2)
6. World Series Game 2 (18.2)
7. CSI: Miami (18.1)
8. Deal or No Deal (17.5)
9. NL Championship (16.5)
10. Lost (16.3)

PTR faves in the Top 20: Cold Case (tie #16), Without a Trace (tie #16)

To get more of today's biggest TV news and headlines, visit the TV News section at PassTheRemote.Net.

About Last Night...
BIGGEST RATINGS WINNERS: Dancing with the Stars, Jericho, America's Next Top Model (which tied for third for the hour), Criminal Minds, Lost, CSI: NY

For a complete breakdown of last night's ratings, visit Zap2it.

All of PTR's shows are in reruns tonight, so I'll be using the night to catch up on episodes of Gilmore Girls and Jericho from the other night. It's one of those nights when I'm grateful for the reruns. Be sure to tune in tomorrow for Friday Fun featuring a returning show that premieres this weekend with a whole new twist!



Get even more of your TV fix at PassTheRemote.net! A comprehensive television site with news, reviews, photos and much more!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm kind of embarrassed to say that Melrose is growing on me. I know, I know...but she's actually kind of good!

TVFan said...

She is good! It's driving me crazy because I can't complain about how they keep her in only because she's good TV. She's actually very good. Annoying, but good.