Monday, October 30, 2006

Teams Look for their Lost Shaker of Salt

Karma is such a huge force on The Amazing Race. The nasty teams -- Rob/Kim, the blondes, and the male models -- all had bad things happen to them this week. The blondes were involved in a car accident, Rob/Kim's car broke down and the models kept getting lost. It's what they get for playing dirty (in Rob/Kim's case, it has more to do with how they treat each other). Meanwhile, the "Six Pack" are still hanging on. Even when Kentucky came in last, it was another non-elimination round, and they were once again spared (although, marked for elimination). As surprising as that outcome was, I'm more intrigued by the fact that there's a country out there that I have never heard of in all my years of schooling. But, now that I'm familiar with Mauritius, I am dying to take a "vaca" (tm Kim) there sometime. Here's a look at some of last night's most entertaining moments.

*Don't get me wrong, I love the newly named "Six Pack," but I'm a little concerned that their strong alliance may end up being their downfall. I have no doubt that it has gotten them this far, but we're getting down to crunch time and waiting on two other teams is going to go from advantageous to race-ending very quickly. I think they should keep the alliance, but things need to be amended. The Bama girls seem to have the right attitude about it. You work together when you can, but you worry about winning the race and staying in it the rest of the time. Had Kentucky arrived at the Pit Stop before the Bama girls, it would have been crazy for them to wait for the Bama girls as they planned. Nice, but crazy.

*It seems that Jimmy Buffett was onto something when he sang about the difficulties of "searchin' for [his] lost shaker of salt" because that Detour was impossible!! Still, I think that Kentucky should have stayed. Of course, I've been watching this show long enough to know that you should never choose the "Needle in the Haystack" challenge.

*Not that it ended up mattering, but the blondes' move at the airport with the tickets was ridiculous. How rude can these two be on this race? Of course, the karma force that I spoke of came back and bit them in the arse later in the form of a fender bender. The models were just as wrong for going along and then getting nasty with Bama.

So once again, Kentucky is marked for elimination. I'm not sure that a Fast Forward is going to save them this time around. I'm just hoping that their karma hasn't run out. What did you think about last night's episode? Were you relieved that Kentucky was saved or annoyed that they won the reprieve once again? Leave me a message with your thoughts.

The photo in this edition is courtesy of cbs.com.


Get even more of your TV fix at PassTheRemote.net! A comprehensive television site with news, reviews, photos and much more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was so glad to see Kentucky get a reprieve. But, like you, the six-pack has got to smarten up. Afterall, this is a race! I knew that salt detour would be the wrong choice. I couldn't believe how many teams chose it! Haven't they watched previous seasons?